• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TSR Crawford - Abington on WCML

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
I’ve noticed the last 3 times I’ve taken a trip on the northern WCML between Carlisle and Scotland, we have slowed down considerably more than usual on the section between Elvanfoot and Abington, where you cross over Crawford Viaduct. Does anyone know if there’s a reason for this? This only occurs on the down main, but it has consistently occurred, and we’ve slowed far more than the 95 (105/110EPS) Limits would require us to. I’ve checked each time and there’s no train in the sections ahead of us and we don’t get diverted anywhere, does anyone know:

(1) if there is a TSR in place here and

(2) what the reason for this is?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

driver9000

Established Member
There is a 50mph TSR on the Down at Crawford just south of the viaduct due to cyclic top (off the the top of my head without digging the WON out).

RightAwayGuy

I’ve noticed the last 3 times I’ve taken a trip on the northern WCML between Carlisle and Scotland, we have slowed down considerably more than usual on the section between Elvanfoot and Abington, where you cross over Crawford Viaduct. Does anyone know if there’s a reason for this? This only occurs on the down main, but it has consistently occurred, and we’ve slowed far more than the 95 (105/110EPS) Limits would require us to. I’ve checked each time and there’s no train in the sections ahead of us and we don’t get diverted anywhere, does anyone know:

(1) if there is a TSR in place here and

(2) what the reason for this is?

Thanks

Item T2019 /149940 between Bodsbury LC and Crawford HABD on the down 50mph due Track condition - other.

bengley

Established Member
This TSR drives me nuts. I expected it to be fixed during one of the weekend blocks earlier in the year but no such luck.

Carlisle

Established Member
Probably not a high priority whilst most of its passenger services have plenty of padding built into their schedules further south

Last edited:

Class 170101

Established Member
Probably not a high priority whilst most of its passenger services have plenty of padding built into their schedules further south

But doubtless punishes the freight severely. One would hope they have sufficient access overnight Saturday night to fix 10½ hours of time overnight

The Planner

Veteran Member
Won't make a difference though as they are going north and any "padding" would be used up at a Carlisle stop. Though there is plenty of engineering allowance further on.

alangla

Not sure if it’s related, but I was up the M74 yesterday & noticed a load of RRV diggers etc parked near the line around that area, I *think* north of Bodsbury but can’t be 100% sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.