• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TSR near Luton Airport Parkway

Status
Not open for further replies.

asylumxl

Established Member
I could swear the other day I saw a TSR for 20mph heading northbound on the fast lines near Luton Airport Parkway. If so this seems like quite a heavy speed drop.

Did I imagine it? If not, what was it due to? Accelerating back to the normal speed use up a lot of diesel fuel too!

Thanks in advance :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

westcoaster

Established Member
I could swear the other day I saw a TSR for 20mph heading northbound on the fast lines near Luton Airport Parkway. If so this seems like quite a heavy speed drop.

Did I imagine it? If not, what was it due to? Accelerating back to the normal speed use up a lot of diesel fuel too!

Thanks in advance :)

it was there for one day, basically I think there was no time to tamp the relaid track, so they put the 20 in instead of the current 30 over 50. Cheaper to slow down then an over running works.

asylumxl

Established Member
When I was at Luton this morning I saw several EMT travelling quite slow through Luton so I thought it might still be in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.