• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tube challenging

Status
Not open for further replies.

agerj001

Have you ever heard of tube challenging?

It is where you travel around a TFL network or zone in the fastest time. I am part of a team, the TrackTravellers, who are looking for new members to join our friendly team. We meet up regularly and complete different challenges, accomplishing records and raising money.

Interested?

Email myself on the email provided on the poster.

J.Nichols-Ageros

Attachments

• Advert.jpg
    Advert.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 159
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trash80

Established Member
A friend of mine years ago said he knew someone who had travelled every part of the "tube" (sub-surface and actual tube) in 24 hours. Is that still possible?

rebmcr

Established Member
A friend of mine years ago said he knew someone who had travelled every part of the "tube" (sub-surface and actual tube) in 24 hours. Is that still possible?

Yes, the record is 15 hours or so. Runs generally start around 05:00 with a fixed set of journeys that 'get' the three Metropolitan termini north of Moor Park.

fairysdad

London, Surrey... bit of a blur round here...
There's also the Tube Challenge forums that have a multitude of different events run through the year, as well as some group and individual full network runs. I used to frequent the forums quite regularly (under a different username to here), but not so much these days.

www.tubechallenge.com/forum is the URL - the main site hasn't had anything done to it for a very long time, but the forum behind it still gets regular visits and posts!

agerj001

Yes there are a number of challenges, the tramlink one I have the record for infact. We meet every few months and put our tube knowledge to the the test. Our team manager is looking for tube enthusiasts to join our team with one of them being a team leader assisting with leadership.

MP33

When the then holder of the now Greater Anglia franchise used to give Annual Season Ticket holders free weekend travel. I wondered if it was possible to travel the whole of their network in a day. It would have to been a Saturday as the Romford - Upminster shuttle is closed on Sundays and Bank Holidays.

Established Member
When the then holder of the now Greater Anglia franchise used to give Annual Season Ticket holders free weekend travel. I wondered if it was possible to travel the whole of their network in a day. It would have to been a Saturday as the Romford - Upminster shuttle is closed on Sundays and Bank Holidays.

Used to be closed, now part of the TfL network it runs on a Sunday providing the overhead power is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.