• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tube Drivers/Staff/Friends of...: Help Needed Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshcoupe

Dear Tube Drivers/Staff/Friends of...,

I am beginning to write a book about the shocking reality of a 'one under'. I have watched many TV programmes about them and I have seen that some drivers do like to speak openly about them. I want the book to be as life like as possible and will be about the lead up to the incident, the incident and the aftermath. Obviously to protect anyone involved I will change details such as dates, stations, times and even lines if needed.

To make the story as life like as possible I could go with a driver who will be able to speak openly about the incident and how it effected them.

I completely understand that some tube drivers will never want to relive the moment or even speak about it.

I wouldn't need to meet the person involved, it could all be done via the internet.

Many thanks,

Josh

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Southernrover

Hi Josh,
I have had the misfortune to have had 3 one unders in a career that has lasted 32 years with LU.
The last one I had was in 1990, is that too long ago for you?
I will say that I have been in LU middle management since 1998 but the one unders were not the reason for the career change.
R

joshcoupe

Hi,

I am sorry to hear about the incidents. What line(s) did you work on?

And do you have one that you think would make a better story?

Thanks,
Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.