• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tube Incidents - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David

Established Member
The person(s) who have caused these incidents are scum. They deserve to be treated as such. It is a shame we as a nation don't have a death penalty any more because that is exactly what they deserve.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
There seem to be conflicting reports as to whether all lines are closed or just a few lines, and has no-one been injured? It sounds like no-one was (hope that's true), so were the blasts just to cause panic and not actually powerful blasts like last time? Or are the reports wrong?

tramboy

There is talk of one person injured, but it just seems to have been detonators that have gone off and no explosives.

I must admit though, the first thing i did was make sure that my friend in London, who was on her way to work, was ok.

Cheers

Dave

jonb

Established Member
After a discussion with a friend we believe that this time the bombers may have met at Tottenham Court Road. Then one goes Westbound on the Central towards Shepherds Bush Another would go Northbound on a Northern Line train to Warren Street Then another would go South on a Northern Line train to Oval Can't think about the bus one though?

T

Tom

The incident occured on a Victoria Line train northbound to Warren Street

jd

I heard the one man who was injured was one of the bombers - his backpack just exploded somewhere.

Jim

Established Member
I personally think they wanted to cause scare today. I don't think there were any bombs

Julian G

Established Member
it seems to be that a rusack was left on a 26 bus and it's still in there

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I have two theories.

Firstly, they maybe didn't have bombs and their aim was to close Underground lines, put people off the Underground, cause panic, cause massive delays etc. If this is the case they succeeded.

Secondly, perhaps their bombs were faulty, and just the detanators went off. For all 4 to be faulty then that seems incredibly lucky, surely that can't be a co-incidence? Perhaps someone sabotaged them, in the knowledge that they would only injure the bombers themselves and would have a good chance of them being caught?

Personally I think the sabotage theory is more likely. I could, of course, be totally wrong!

David

Established Member
yorkie said:
I have two theories.

Firstly, they maybe didn't have bombs and their aim was to close Underground lines, put people off the Underground, cause panic, cause massive delays etc. If this is the case they succeeded.

Secondly, perhaps their bombs were faulty, and just the detanators went off. For all 4 to be faulty then that seems incredibly lucky, surely that can't be a co-incidence? Perhaps someone sabotaged them, in the knowledge that they would only injure the bombers themselves and would have a good chance of them being caught?

Personally I think the sabotage theory is more likely. I could, of course, be totally wrong!
I agree with your first theory. I think these 'bombs' were the work of pranksters who get their kicks from scaring people. I hope the police catch these 'jokers' and treat them as terrorists.

It's not just caused parts of London to be sealed of, but it is also damaging national confidence, and the economy.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
More info now at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4705303.stm

It seems clear now that they did have bombs and intended them to go off.

It was lucky that they didn't, but the question is why? Were they faulty? or badly made? or did someone sabotage them? It does seem a bit to co-incidental for all 4 to be faulty.

Dave A

I don't think these were the same group of people as the last ones as they were apprently "running away" when they left the bombs. The other 4 were all suicide bombers :?

"Very lucky" are the words to use! They obviously were there to kill and luckily they didn't.

When I heard about the three tube incidents, I was shouting at the TV, "For f's sake, bloody search the buses!" And then the reports came that a bus was targeted as well. The problem is that people think they know where, if they do and I hope not!, the bombers target, which seems to be the North, South, East and West and 3 tubes and 1 bus, which gives the bombers a chance to change their targets, un-beknown to us!

IMO: I have a feeling this is leading up to something much bigger!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
London Tube said:
I don't think these were the same group of people as the last ones as they were apprently "running away" when they left the bombs. The other 4 were all suicide bombers :?
The latest 4 were clearly also (attempted) suicide bombers, but when the bombs failed they obviously did not want to be caught and questioned so ran.

T

Tom

Interestingly enough, it has been said it was the same chemicals, but the reason they didn't go off is because the explosive had deteriorated.

Status
Not open for further replies.