• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

tube routes for msts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aaron

ah but how the hell do i save zip files to run in the programme?
exe progs load straight away but zip files baffle me.
help?

Coxster

Established Member
Another freeware route is the Piccadilly line, also from UKTrainSim. It is quite a basic route though. The only other one I know of is a commercial Victoria line product but I have not tried it. Screenshots can be foudn here, and this is also the site you can order it from.

mbonwick

Established Member
Nope, only thing that got me about it was the slowness of the built in zip extractor in windows XP! Got 7-zip now though, great program- very fast to extract and you can create super compressed 7z archives!

For example, a highly compressed zip took up (near as makes no difference)60MB on my HDD, but a ultra compressed 7z file (exactly the same in all respects) took up (near as makes no difference) 45MB

There you have it - much better!

mbonwick

Established Member
What problems are you having?
Post here and we may be able to help
Have you followed that guide that I posted a link to?

Aaron

yes i did and it wont work.
the trains go in but the routes and activity dont exist!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
great!!!!!!
now my msts wont work!

mbonwick

Established Member
1, Download the necessary files
2, Unzip to a temporary directory (e.g. C:\Inst\MSTS\Route\District Line)
3, Move extracted files to MSTS location (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\Routes)
4, Run install.bat (or installme.bat)

Note that stock and activities will have to be downloaded seperately! For the moment all you can do is explore the route with default stck (unless obviouly you've downloaded other stock ;))

Hope this helps

P.S: With MSTS crashing, a complete re-install should work

DiamonDEyE

I know how you feel, you read every readme inch by inch, do the right thing, have a really good PC and it still lets you down.

I had the same issue but the tsection.dat was old, updated it and now it dont work at all. I hope its better than the Piccadilly, its too basic and it don't even use the current stock

sjbve

Just a short time ago I got some drivers-eye view DVD's with London Transport Tube-lines from a friend. This got me quite interested in the tube-system.
So, just like you I searched the internet for MSTS routes, but I could not find anything (only a view trains).
I did hoewever find the Northern Line available for the (free) train simulator BVE (Boso View Express) on trainsimcentral.co.uk, but as I like MSTS better then BVE, I did not like it enough. The route in BVE is very good, but in BVE routes are only driveable in óne direction.

So earlier this evening, I took a Northern Line station from the BVE route, and used is as an example to create a MSTS-version.
I adapted the texture-files from BVE for use in my MSTS-version, so I will have to contact the creators of the BVE-route if I make it available for download.

I make no promisses, and it might take a long time, but I think I am on te right track. SHould it eventually come to a complete MSTS-route, I will most likely offer it on the internet as freeware (it's after all just a hobby, not a job).

Here is a screenshot. It is the result of about three hours work; a half-built station and about 10 meters of tube tunnel.

2003035007225983770_rs.jpg

2003104978629204301_rs.jpg

sjbve

Looks quite good though.

Thank you!

I did not have time to do much today, but I did find some time to add a few passenger-entrance's to the platform. That makes it a bit more complete.
When I have finished this station, I'll post another screenshot (and start working on another station). ;)

Tom B

Established Member
"That concludes this press release, brought to you by the department of the bleeding obvious".

sjbve

Today I didn't really feel like working on the London Bridge station, so I started the Northern Line route itself.
I now have tracks from Moorgate to London Bridge (southbound).

Below are two pictures of a train in the tunnel. I will mostly try to create tube-tunnels, but conventional MSTS round tunnelsections will also be used.

2000620762606517220_rs.jpg

2000646143014495562_rs.jpg

By the way; the two tube trains on the screenshots I have posted are the only two I have. Does anyone know where I can get more different tube-trains? Like a LT1995?
(I am not really interested in subsurface-trains, just tube-trains)

I'm Insane

uktrainsim has a beta version of 1996 stock, try that
i'm going to attempt to make 1995 stock but no promises as i've never tried before and also until recently i've only had bve trainsim.
How did you convert it btw, i've got loads of lu routes i'd like to convert

sjbve

uktrainsim has a beta version of 1996 stock, try that
i'm going to attempt to make 1995 stock but no promises as i've never tried before and also until recently i've only had bve trainsim.

On UKtrainsim? Oke, I will try. I have found it is close to impossible to download anything from that website (which is very irritating as it has many good trains/routes), but I may get lucky.

How did you convert it btw, i've got loads of lu routes i'd like to convert

It is not possible to convert any shapefiles from BVE to MSTS. I am recreating everything new in MSTS, using BVE just as an example. The only things from BVE I am using are some of the texturefiles.
To build shapes (stations, tunnels, etcetera) I am using TSM (TrainSim Modeler).

The MSTS Northern Line now has tracks between Old Street and London Bridge (southbound) and between Bank and Old Street (northbound).

Here is het next screenshot; a train crossing over between tunnels just outside Moorgate.
2002294329043467383_rs.jpg

I'm Insane

I'm glad you're making a northern line route, thats the line i most frequently use.
I think I'll attempt to make a metropolitan line. I learn these things just by seeing what the tools do.

Status
Not open for further replies.