• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tube staff plan five days of strikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nym

Established Member
Different issue, but equally entertaining.

One thinks that if LU management thinks that centralizing into control rooms to run trains is a good way to go, one should point them at this industrial action.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mildertduck

I'm working in London this weekend... probably should remember to pack my hiking boots...

carriageline

Established Member
Are the strikes still on this weekend? Can't seem to see anything saying otherwise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I had an email that said the plan to ensure that strikes don't disrupt the network is to not switch off traction current overnight over the weekend. There would be skeleton staff in to deal with any emergencies such as when traction current needs to be recharged after an incident.

Via Bank

To clarify: the 24-hour strike looks very much like the joint strike action that took place by TfL workers in information centres on Friday 9th last month. This wouldn't affect the Tube (if it did, we would have heard about it by now)

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
To clarify: the 24-hour strike looks very much like the joint strike action that took place by TfL workers in information centres on Friday 9th last month. This wouldn't affect the Tube (if it did, we would have heard about it by now)
It's not just those in Travel Information Centres but any employee on a TfL contract, which includes head office staff, projects people, etc., but not LU employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.