• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tube Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReverendFozz

I am going to London for 3 nights in May for my 30th Birthday, I will move around mostly on the Tube, can sometime tell me about tickets on LU.

Would I be able to purchase a 3-day ticket or would I have to by 3 seperate days, or would I have to get an oyster card

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
Three separate day travelcards or Oyster. For the latter you'll need to pay a deposit and then put your money on.

If you're travelling with a F&F [Family and Friends] or TT [Two Together] railcard then you're better off with a paper ticket.
If you touch/approach your cap each day then it doesn't matter that much
If you intend to bash stations then a paper card is better
Oyster is better if you plan on making a few journeys each day since it'll only charge for the journeys you make.

Oyster credit doesn't lapse so you can use it again if you ever return to London

ReverendFozz

SS4:1004159 said:
Three separate day travelcards or Oyster. For the latter you'll need to pay a deposit and then put your money on.

If you're travelling with a F&F [Family and Friends] or TT [Two Together] railcard then you're better off with a paper ticket.
If you touch/approach your cap each day then it doesn't matter that much
If you intend to bash stations then a paper card is better
Oyster is better if you plan on making a few journeys each day since it'll only charge for the journeys you make.

Oyster credit doesn't lapse so you can use it again if you ever return to London

Thank you for the response, by the sounds of it 3 seperate tickets would be better, apart from visiting Charlton I will be mostly be doing the whole tourist thing, possibly checking out different football grounds...

I will be there over Cup Final weekend, where is the best places to avoid for a big event like that, I Imagine the Mainline Stations(Kings X, Euston, Paddington, Waterloo etc)...

Quick Question, sorry if I should know this, what is Station Bashing, sounds like fighting at different stations to me, so what is the definition of it?

SS4

Established Member
There is also MikeWh's site for oyster: http://www.oyster-rail.org.uk/

Thank you for the response, by the sounds of it 3 seperate tickets would be better, apart from visiting Charlton I will be mostly be doing the whole tourist thing, possibly checking out different football grounds...

I will be there over Cup Final weekend, where is the best places to avoid for a big event like that, I Imagine the Mainline Stations(Kings X, Euston, Paddington, Waterloo etc)...

Wembley Park (Metropolitan Line), Wembley Central (Bakerloo, LO and you'll probably get enhanced LM services)
The Mainline stations are best avoided until about 2pm and then from 5 to 7ish at a guess.

Quick Question, sorry if I should know this, what is Station Bashing, sounds like fighting at different stations to me, so what is the definition of it?

My apologies, I should define my terms. Bashing is going round stations/lines to check them off a list. Tube challengers would bash stations although if you're going on FA Cup Final weekend it may devolve into fighting :lol:

ert47

If using Oyster Payg note that you will be charged peak fare between 4pm-7pm (but will cap at OP rate provided you didnt use your Oyster on the train before 9:30 that morning)

ReverendFozz

SS4:1004223 said:
There is also MikeWh's site for oyster: http://www.oyster-rail.org.uk/

Wembley Park (Metropolitan Line), Wembley Central (Bakerloo, LO and you'll probably get enhanced LM services)
The Mainline stations are best avoided until about 2pm and then from 5 to 7ish at a guess.

My apologies, I should define my terms. Bashing is going round stations/lines to check them off a list. Tube challengers would bash stations although if you're going on FA Cup Final weekend it may devolve into fighting :lol:

It will make for a good weekend if my team makes it to the Final, although I think we(Sunderland) will get turned over by Everton in the 1/4s

Status
Not open for further replies.