• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tunbridge Wells station murals

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGB1953

Now edited to answer my own question!

I've been looking at these forums with (mainly) awe and admiration for a few months. I've just registered and this is my first post, so I hope it's OK. I'm just a long-term train commuter and lover of trains and public transport generally.

I've been using Tunbridge Wells station regularly since 1992. For all that time until this week there have been some murals on platform 2, towards the Hastings end. I hadn't noticed, but a fellow passenger pointed out to me this morning that they've gone. I'll try to remember to check why at the station tonight.

Does anyone have any background to these? I'm not sure I've seen anything similar elsewhere.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The local paper has done some work!

http://www.courier.co.uk/tunbridge-wells-mural-fell-apart/story-29577143-detail/story.html

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MrB

Thanks for pointing this out, I'm also a regular at Tunbridge Wells and had not noticed they'd gone! Hopefully they fill the space with something.

WesternS

I appreciate related to 'murals' and not Tunbridge Wells, but these 'murals' at Hackney Wick station are fairly impressive. Looking at their scale and professionalism, they appear to be more than 'unofficial' art - anyone confirm this ?

All taken from the disabled access to platform 1 or the cross-platform footbridge. (Note: for all pedants and puritans lurking on this forum, none of these on railway property.) For those who've seen them, I've not posted any of those adorning the Lord Napier on White Post Mill Lane !

Attachments

• IMG_2083.jpg
    IMG_2083.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2085.jpg
    IMG_2085.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2086.jpg
    IMG_2086.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2087.jpg
    IMG_2087.jpg