• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

tunnies snaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

tunnie

I live near Great Western, in a small block of flats. Its actually very quiet place to be, my girlfriends place in Kingston upon Thames is actually louder!

When I got my flat I never thought about the line that much, but the views I have from my flat are always changing, I've seen quite a few interesting trains...

The main view (the space here, will become a new station for Crossrail project)

P1010623.JPG

A class 37 (i think) Network rail service with a very old driving trailer?

P1010626.JPG

I believe this to be a Class 67 that hauls the Royal train? Spotted it one morning stabled at a favourite 67 snooze point.

P1010647.JPG

P1010648.JPG

P1010649.JPG

I'm sure its a 67 breeding ground around here..

P1010652.JPG

Old and new passing...

P1010656.JPG

Someone's personal train? Either way, it should be quick out of the blocks with practically zero weight behind it.

P1010658.JPG

Freshly painted DB, DVT, think it must belong to Chiltern?

P1010879.JPG

and finally a bit of steam...

SAM_1708.JPG

I should add, I have a full time job, so these sightings are by pure luck! Must be far more interesting things go by I miss :(

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster

deltic1989

Established Member
What an awesoe place to live mate! and some great pictures to boot, well done.

And welcome to the forum , hope to see some more pictures soon.

Johnuk123

Established Member
Certainly looks like the kind of place you would sit by the window all day.

tunnie

Often do, from Police cars, to occasional traffic from Heathrow. Trains, both passenger and freight into the quite busy Acton Yard. Its quite interesting to just sit and watch the world go by with an alcoholic beverage :D

Status
Not open for further replies.