• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Turin-Paris September weekends

Status
Not open for further replies.

newmilton

It may be too far in advance for anyone to know, but I have been using the DB site to check trains and connections for a trip in September, and see that according to them the Milan-Paris TGV is not running three out of four weekends that month - although it is running in the opposite direction. That gives me three options: travel Friday, fly, or sit tight until the tickets actually go on sale in July and hope it's just a glitch and they are running on Saturday 28 September after all.

DB are usually pretty reliable, and they do show the train as running at least from Chambéry, which makes me suspect engineering works between Turin and Modane, maybe in the tunnel.

Any insights?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

duesselmartin

Established Member
My experience is that the DB site is not always complete when it comes to France. Double check using the sncf and trenitalia sites.

newmilton

Unfortunately, despite being fluent in French and having passable Italian, I cannot find anywhere on the respective sites that lets me check train times beyond the three month booking horizon. If you have a direct link it would be helpful, as I am trying to put the different legs of a trip in September into place.

duesselmartin

Established Member
Sorry. I did not check the booking horizon. That trains travel one direction only seems unlikely to me esp when there is no obvious duplicate line. So One could hope that DB has not got the full data yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.