• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Turn Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutter

I want to change the 158 09:27 Maybank-hammerwhich service to 170 operation. As i'm sure many of you are aware, the 158's are limited to 90mph whilst the 170's are limited to 100mph. How do you change the top TURN speed from 90mph to 100 mph so I don't get an overspeed message when I hit 90mph

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Snap

Established Member
You will just have to change the 90mph limits to 100mph. They are in kilometres, so the .limit commands will have a number next to them, in kilometres. Use this > http://www.eforecourt.com/mph_kph_speed_convert.htm < tool to convert them. IE: Type in 90 in the MPH box, to get 144.84. Then find the .limit 144.84 command in the route etc etc.

nutter

Will do, BEFORE ultimate force starts at 9 (hopefully). I was hoping there was just one command by hey, lets get craking. Thaks for the convertion tool, rich
Edited (by doublepost prevention system):
Is that to change the 'units' top speed as it seems BVE still thinks it's a 158 and I can find very few .limits that I need to change

Tom B

Established Member
For BVE uses, 3SF is usually appropriate.

Google can also convert kph to mph by vice versa. Simply type in-

xxmph to kph

into the search box (substitute xx with a numerical speed, e.g. 80kph to mph)

Simming

I tried This with the early freightliner so it could have a 75mph top speed, yet, it still comes up with the overspeed message.

Its more fun at 75mph, espicially when you hit that double yellow just before the 4 track section and need to brake to a stand, and belting through the through road at radley junc is also approving. (sorry, forgot the name of the junction, bad on me, poor route learning)

Derek Kaye

You need to make sure that you do it for every place that the new limit is over the current limit, not just the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.