• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TV: Crossrail - Where Did It All Go Wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmh

Established Member
This documentary has just started on Channel 5.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

silverfoxcc

Looked like everyone stood in a circle pointing at the next bloke.. BUT how it hell did those Station costs go up quicker than a Saturn V rocket? Surely even at the first revision someone should have been asking questions?

mmh

Established Member
Yeah, the station cost overruns were mind-boggling.

I liked two quotes in it (paraphrased):

The approach shouldn't have been a new tunnel which happens to have a railway in it but a new railway which happens to be in a tunnel; and

If the project is too complex to apportion blame at the top why is also not too complex to be able to reward success at the top

Tomos y Tanc

It all comes down to if it's in London it's a project of "national importance". If it's anywhere else, it's a subsidy.

kevin_roche

Yeah, the station cost overruns were mind-boggling.

I liked two quotes in it (paraphrased):

The approach shouldn't have been a new tunnel which happens to have a railway in it but a new railway which happens to be in a tunnel; and

If the project is too complex to apportion blame at the top why is also not too complex to be able to reward success at the top

I agree 100%. I really enjoyed the Public Accounts Committee clips.

Status
Not open for further replies.