• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TV / Film Inaccuricies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearhugger

Partly inspired by this thread https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/doctor-who-what-type-of-train-was-that.170710/, I thought it would be fun to move onto other tv / film train related anachronisms. For example, I remember watching an episode of Heartbeat on tv where a runaway train goes through several tunnels then crashes. The train is filmed going through the same tunnel at Grosmont then derailing on the station side of the tunnel. I remember watching the runaway train and looking at my dad and we said the same "They've gone through the same tunnel six times!". There must be similar instances of inaccuracies in other things.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bearhugger

Every film will have some errors.
But for the majority of the general public "Who cares"?
Just accept them and move on.
Thanks for your answer @Ploughman, but it doesn't answer the question, if you don't think it matters or think the public doesn't care - I'm not asking you or them. That's why I'm posted the question on a railway forum rather than Facebook or Twitter. But more Heartbeat or Harry Potter tourists probably means more work on your permanent way for you though. Who cares. Just move on.

bearhugger

Ploughman

Established Member
Thanks for your answer @Ploughman, but it doesn't answer the question, if you don't think it matters or think the public doesn't care - I'm not asking you or them. That's why I'm posted the question on a railway forum rather than Facebook or Twitter. But more Heartbeat or Harry Potter tourists probably means more work on your permanent way for you though. Who cares. Just move on.

As you said, my reply did not answer your query.
However I was being REALISTIC and not Sarcastic.
Your query will result in every Film or TV show that includes a railway scene being listed here.
The General Public, for whom these shows and films are made, may not realise what they are watching may include errors or accept the fact that there are mistakes.
The people who make the Films are limited by Cost, Availability of stock, Lack of Knowledge or lack of advice.

The Heartbeat incident you quoted was actually one of 3 incidents filmed on the NYMR using the same carriage in the same week.
One of which involved "Casualty" That ambulance had a long way to travel to get back to Holby.

And with that I shall move on.

bearhugger

As you said, my reply did not answer your query.
However I was being REALISTIC and not Sarcastic.
Your query will result in every Film or TV show that includes a railway scene being listed here.
The General Public, for whom these shows and films are made, may not realise what they are watching may include errors or accept the fact that there are mistakes.
The people who make the Films are limited by Cost, Availability of stock, Lack of Knowledge or lack of advice.

The Heartbeat incident you quoted was actually one of 3 incidents filmed on the NYMR using the same carriage in the same week.
One of which involved "Casualty" That ambulance had a long way to travel to get back to Holby.

And with that I shall move on.
I know that my query could produce lots of instances where trains / infrastructure are used - that's the precise reason i started the thread rather than hijack a thread about a particular TV show.
Thanks for your anecdote about Holby City, that's exactly the sort of thing i was looking for. Can you elaborate on the third piece of filming please?

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Cook report and the effect of a brief case bomb on a coach.
Same coach used in all 3 instances.
The brief case finished it off.
Touch of the Delia Smith's : 'here's one I finished off earlier' ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.