• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TV: Impossible Engineering - Maglev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ComUtoR

Established Member
Its very basic and goes over the main principles involved. There are some simple experiments to highlight each principle.

Not the best of programs on the Maglev I have seen but for anyone who wants to understand the basic concept then its worth a go.

Last edited:

WatcherZero

Established Member
Impossible Engineering series is aging a fair bit, didn't they do one for the WCML modernisation as well.

ComUtoR

Established Member
They call him "The father of Maglev"

It is a shame that it was a teeny tiny part of the program. I was expecting a program about engineering and watching some awe inspiring construction techniques.

Shame the forum doesn't have a spoiler button :/

Clip

Established Member
Is it an old show then - cant remember seeing it advertised before, then again most nights im home I don't have exact control of the telly :lol:

ComUtoR

Established Member
Errrrrrrr...... Not an old show per se but a US. one. I have no idea about the Yesterday channel but I accessed the show via a non legitimate source.

25th May 2015 was the Original air date. (ninja search on imdb) For a fairly recent documentary it was pretty weak and the information presented common knowledge for the more railway educated.

If Maglev engineering is totally new to you then I would recommend it.

Tio Terry

Last time I was in Shanghai the maglev was out of service and had been for some time. I was hoping to get to travel on it but didn't.

Remarkable place though with very good suburban railways, really enjoyed my two weeks there.

Clip

Established Member
Errrrrrrr...... Not an old show per se but a US. one. I have no idea about the Yesterday channel but I accessed the show via a non legitimate source.

25th May 2015 was the Original air date. (ninja search on imdb) For a fairly recent documentary it was pretty weak and the information presented common knowledge for the more railway educated.

I understand the concept and read some stuff on it a few years ago but was hoping this programme may flesh it out a bit. Guess not. Will stick it on the PVR

WatcherZero

Established Member

Its Extreme Engineering with a different presenter, the shows been going since 2003 (which itself was proceeded by Engineering the Impossible). Didn't realise it was a new episode though.

Status
Not open for further replies.