• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[TV] Monsoon Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Both episodes of Monsoon Railway are on BBC2 tonight starting at 2320.

From TVGuide.co.uk:
Life on India's rail network through the monsoon season, focusing on the daily routine of three workers - a train guard, a traffic inspector and an assistant driver with dreams of rock stardom. The programme reveals how the service is vital for the country's vast population and demonstrates the enormous destructive potential of the torrential rain

Similar to previous show; "Bombay Railway."

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nathan

Saw it up to the month of August, was too tired to watch the rest and the rain never came for alot of the region. That and it didnt get around to the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway which would have most interested me :(

LondonBVE

Saw it up to the month of August, was too tired to watch the rest and the rain never came for alot of the region. That and it didnt get around to the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway which would have most interested me :(

It is excited to watch it on TV about the Himalayan Railway, until one fine day when you try it yourself, you will regret taking the train. Also Asthmatic people are advised not to take that railway and even if you don't have one you need to sign a letter to clarify that you will held responsible for your death not the train company since around the highest peak you will be gasping for oxygen.

gingerheid

Established Member
This was a truly fantastic show. Not often you see something on TV that's interesting and opens your eyes to ways of life in other parts of the world.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I was certantly impressed about how quick they repaired that embankment. I wonder how long it would take to happen in the UK!

Also interested how cheap things were over there. My sister recently went to India on business and left me behind a 100 rupees note. After seeing certain services such as baggage carrying being offered for 20 rupees, wanted to see how much that would cost and saw that 100 rupees is just over £1.20! Though I suspect they earn a lot less there...

Status
Not open for further replies.