• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TW Metro departed from wrong platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryten2340

I posted this on the Nexus forum but they chose not to publish it.

Does anyone know why the train that was supposed to depart Regent Centre for Pelaw at 17:45 on Friday did so from platform 2 via the crossover at the eastern end of the station and didn't reverse into the siding and use the normal platform 1?

It effectively took a train out of service albeit only at one station but put an additional 7 or 8 minute wait for people who were travelling.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Quicker turnaround than going into the siding, so must have been late. Only thing is that going east from platform 2, there isn't a mirror or TV screen so the driver can't self-dispatch. Might have therefore run empty to SGF and technically entered service there.

Maninblack

At the stations with the new ticket machines, what are the yellow things for? They stand at the entrance /exits. What are they for?

Maninblack

Thank you for that. So I guess that the smartcard holder holds up the smart card as they pass!!

blue sabre

I posted this on the Nexus forum but they chose not to publish it.

Does anyone know why the train that was supposed to depart Regent Centre for Pelaw at 17:45 on Friday did so from platform 2 via the crossover at the eastern end of the station and didn't reverse into the siding and use the normal platform 1?

It effectively took a train out of service albeit only at one station but put an additional 7 or 8 minute wait for people who were travelling.

I have seen them do this with the 17:20 to Pelaw, very frustrating when there is 9 minutes until the next train.

Established Member
I have seen them do this with the 17:20 to Pelaw, very frustrating when there is 9 minutes until the next train.

Another one is to terminate the Pelaw trains short at Heworth, as they can use either platform to run back towards Felling and save a good 5 minutes, which can be all the difference to regulate the service.

Status
Not open for further replies.