• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Two applications, same Job, interview for one, rejected for the other!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattmatt

Neither here, nor there, but somewhere in-between!
I've had the rejection email from Northern about a conductors role at Man Vic; however; I used the same application with no changes for the same role at Man Pic & have got an interview?

I'm Curious now as the Job spec etc are both the same down to the full stops etc I just copied & pasted and submitted it.

Can anyone explain? or offer any insight? Northern wont give feedback at this stage. I can only think that when they are shortlisting, they must have changed the criteria? Or someone from HR is having a bad day?

Just thought others might like to know......

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cherry_Picker

Established Member
There is an element of luck involved in any process. It could be one of a thousand things, different people looking for different things between the two depots, a higher number of applications or higher standard of competition at the place where you were unsuccessful. Focus on the positive and be happy about the one you did get.

TDK

Established Member
I've had the rejection email from Northern about a conductors role at Man Vic; however; I used the same application with no changes for the same role at Man Pic & have got an interview?

I'm Curious now as the Job spec etc are both the same down to the full stops etc I just copied & pasted and submitted it.

Can anyone explain? or offer any insight? Northern wont give feedback at this stage. I can only think that when they are shortlisting, they must have changed the criteria? Or someone from HR is having a bad day?

You must have been borderline for the first and as you didn't get it you were the first on the list for the second

Established Member
Not been advertising many jobs for the last few weeks now. Think they may have been swamped with the last adverts.

tempests1

If you are applying for a post at Southern Trains say platform staff and there is one vacancies at Norwood and at victoria. They say you apply once for one position but they will consider your location and where the highest need is. Perhaps in this case with Northern more conductors are required at Picc

Louby

i still have an application on for the trainee driver at blackpool although i failed the dsi for man vic?? i would have thought it would have been an instant fail for blackpool as well?? any info on this???

Status
Not open for further replies.