• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Two new BVE Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_pilborough

Hi, I've just launched 2 new BVE sites.

http://www.bve4.co.nr - A directory of (nearly)all available of British BVE 4 releases with screenshots and useful information about each one.

http://www.pilborough.ukgateway.net/bvenotify/ - Website for a mailing list announcing all British BVE releases as they become available. Ignore the 'incorrect key' notice on the menu bar - gremlins at work! Click recent chages to see the sort of thing you will recieve.
You can also get straight to the web listing of new releases at http://bvenotify.bravelog.com/

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Snap

Established Member
Hi,
You have a great looking site there that looks well organised. :D

My BRAND NEW route, Richwell Network, is a BVE4 route, and features all the BVE4 commands, and safety systems. (well, Stage 2 will - Stage 2 Coming In Christmas Holdiay!)
I would very much appreciate my route listed on your site, and I can provide the xact information you require (ie: Route length, traction etc.)
Please do get back back to me on that! :D

Nice site... ;) :D

class 313

Established Member
when piczo is back up and running im doing a bve route's page, if you want il put yours on there

Nitro

Hey j_pilborough you have great sites coming along but I have one little moan. On your BVE4 directory site you have forgot (or maybe didnt know) that there are 3 BVE4 LU routes: Northen Line, East London Line and District Line along with their BVE4 compatible stock. These great routes can be found at www.trainsimcentral.co.uk Apart from that you have a brilliant site :P

eezypeazy

Dear j_pilborough,

Your site looks interesting, but I'm afraid you have a long way to go before it becomes a useful BVE 4 UK route directory! You might try having a look at www.bve-routes.com and www.virtual-rail.co.uk, which have already established themselves as the definitive BVE directory sites - the former including a BVE 4 search facility!

Keep up the good work...

eezypeazy

devon_metro

Established Member
Very good site, i think the mailing list idea is a good one although as eezy peazy said Virtual Rail has got all of the routes covered, a very good site all of the same! :P

j_pilborough

Thanks for your comments everyone.
Rich, please PM me with your route details.
I'm aware of the missing LU routes, as you can see I've now added some of the stock for them, I wil add the routes once I have had time to download them.
If you think the mailing list is a good idea - please go and join it!
If anyone tries to join it and doesen't get a 'Confirm your subscription' e-mail, tell me and I'll try and sort it out.

The Snap

Established Member
j_pilborough said:
Thanks for your comments everyone.
Rich, please PM me with your route details.
I'm aware of the missing LU routes, as you can see I've now added some of the stock for them, I wil add the routes once I have had time to download them.
If you think the mailing list is a good idea - please go and join it!
If anyone tries to join it and doesen't get a 'Confirm your subscription' e-mail, tell me and I'll try and sort it out.

OK, in proccess now! You also have my permission to use any of the screenshots from my site regarding the Richwell Network. ;)

j_pilborough

eezypeasy, what I think I have on top of other sites you have mentioned is usability. Although they are both fantastic sites I really admire, neither do exactly what I want. On bve-routes.com you can search for BVE 4 routes, but you can't view them all, and it gives so much information about each one that it takes ages to wade through them. virtual-rail.co.uk doesen't distinguish between BVE 2 and 4 on the index pages. What I am tring to do is to give only the information you need:
I want this route so-
Where can I download it?
What trains do I need?
Where can I get them?
How long will it take to download?
These questions are answered on my route pages.
However there is a long way to go yet....

ikar

I've just looked your site and I have a few suggestions:

Divide Mainline Stock From London Underground Stock
"60" should be A60, and it's not used on the Bakerloo line, as it's a Tube line.
"1995" should be 1995TS (TS=Tube Stock)

Status
Not open for further replies.