• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Two Together purchased with AGC discount

Status
Not open for further replies.

loneranger

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster with a question that I'd appreciate some clarity on from someone in the know. I'll do my best to pay the favour forward!

Recently bought a Two Together railcard at the discounted price of £10 for AGC holders as detailed at http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/ticket_types/46573.aspx

However, I've just been looking at the benefits on that page again and noticed that the £10 railcard offer is listed under "Holders of Annual Gold Cards and Gold Record Cards get the following discounts for journeys wholly within the Annual Gold Card area:"

Also upon closer inspection of my new railcard I see it has the code "TWO TOGETHER RCD AGC"

Does this really mean that our railcard is only valid when used for journeys within the gold card area? As we were planning to use it on a trip to Bristol this weekend which is obviously beyond the area.

I can't see any mention of the AGC discount in T&Cs on Two Together website, so does anyone know for sure?

Cheers!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
No, it's a full Railcard. There'd be no point in it if it wasn't, as the Annual Gold Card already offers nearly the same discounts as the Two Together (except Advances) within the area even if only one is travelling anyway, but for up to 4 in total plus kids.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
The "AGC" suffix on the Railcard is solely to indicate it's one of the discounted ones. It has no effect on validity.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
....However, I've just been looking at the benefits on that page again and noticed that the £10 railcard offer is listed under "Holders of Annual Gold Cards and Gold Record Cards get the following discounts for journeys wholly within the Annual Gold Card area:"....

It's really badly worded, your Two Together Railcard is valid across the National Rail Network.

....Also upon closer inspection of my new railcard I see it has the code "TWO TOGETHER RCD AGC"

Does this really mean that our railcard is only valid when used for journeys within the gold card area? As we were planning to use it on a trip to Bristol this weekend which is obviously beyond the area....

AGC means Annual Gold Card, it's just a way for the system to differentiate between a regular price Railcard and the discounted one.

robbeech

Established Member
AGC means Annual Gold Card, it's just a way for the system to differentiate between a regular price Railcard and the discounted one.

I think the OP understands the acronym part as they used it themselves in their post.
I do agree the wording is a little bit strange and could perhaps do with some modification as it's likely to throw people who are not used to it.
OT Retford station has a sign on the car park saying the daily and weekend rate and then says all vehicles must be removed within 24hrs. Of course, this doesn't mean specifically that, it means that in order to be charged only for the 1 day it must be moved within 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.