• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tyne and Wear Driver Strike and Northern

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReverendFozz

Was just thinking about the T&WM strikes, today and again in a couple of weeks, what I was thinking about is the Coldplay Concert tonight in Sunderland tonight and Bruce Springsteen in a couple of weeks, it is obviously going to add pressure on the the Public Transport Network out of Newcastle, now I 50-55,000 aint all coming from Newcastle...

I was wondering, could Northern not have swept up some of the concert goers from Newcastle and stopping at the Stadium of Light and St Peters, I think Northern have ran services to St Peters in the past for Tyne-Wear Derby Games, so why could they not mop up custom and do it again, I dunno like doubling up carriages or do they simply not have carriages to do so available
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Apologies for posting this on here, I found it covered elsewhere on the board, need to utilise the search more

Status
Not open for further replies.