• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tyne and Wear Metro recruiting new trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cloudybusta

Well done you lot.
At least while they still have the old stock I can sit at the front and pretend I'm driving.
:(

Cloudybusta

I seriously doubt it.
A blanket email without dates - why would there be a second email?

Mlb

Hey everyone

First time poster, I found the forum after receiving news on passing first stage interview yesterday.

congratulations to everyone who received emails, and sorry to hear if anyone hasn’t passed the first part :(

I was hoping to see if anyone had any idea around when we might be hearing next.

Explained in interview that they have “schools” starting over the next 2 years, and that Candidates will be sent for Psychometric testing just before that school is to start.

My question is... will they give a future date of Psychometric testing, or will it just be a case of a waiting (possibly upto 2 years) to hear about a date for testing?

thanks in advance to anyone who can shed light

Last edited:

DI87

Evening/morning. I passed all my psychometrics and was offered a start date of the 06/01/20, but due to my current job role notice period being 2 months I’ll now be on the May course instead.

cc3000

Evening/morning. I passed all my psychometrics and was offered a start date of the 06/01/20, but due to my current job role notice period being 2 months I’ll now be on the May course instead.
Congratulations. Can you give us a bit of an insight as to what you had to do for the psychometrics?

DI87

Congratulations. Can you give us a bit of an insight as to what you had to do for the psychometrics?
Hi mate, without wanting to give anything away, I think they’re just the bog standard train driver psychometric tests. I read through the booklet a few times that they send through once you receive your assessment date. I arrived an hour early and went for a coffee to calm any nerves. Once inside I just focused on each test and shut out everyone around me. Don’t put too much pressure on it and I’m sure you’ll be fine.

cc3000

Hi mate, without wanting to give anything away, I think they’re just the bog standard train driver psychometric tests. I read through the booklet a few times that they send through once you receive your assessment date. I arrived an hour early and went for a coffee to calm any nerves. Once inside I just focused on each test and shut out everyone around me. Don’t put too much pressure on it and I’m sure you’ll be fine.

Good advice. Cheers

Jay Lockie

Going by a previous post next training school is may so maybe some if us might hear something in March. Nothing for me yet.
Haven't they filled that? There was a previous post alluding to a guy having to defer until May due to notice period so I'm assuming theyve filled that already? If they haven't then fingers crossed. Otherwise it's going to be November time

CGS

Haven't they filled that? There was a previous post alluding to a guy having to defer until May due to notice period so I'm assuming theyve filled that already? If they haven't then fingers crossed. Otherwise it's going to be November time
Not necessarily, I think they have plans in place to get more training schools through quicker.

Duns2208

My understanding from interview was that the courses this year were pencilled in for March (or maybe heard May) then August/September. Has anyone heard if pay issue was resolved though? Would it be right to think any delay may be until that’s sorted so they know how many drivers can be recruited?

Caad12

I’m literally throwing my chances to the wind as I’m having my second Northern interview in 9 days. Last chance. Heard nothing from Metro but a lad I work with who is in talent pool spoke to them just over a week ago & was told there’s no movement at moment.

Comfy

I passed the DMI with metro back in November. Didn't get chosen to be sent for psychometrics but told I'd be kept in a pool. Does anyone know how long metro keep people in this pool for before having to start the process over again?

Status
Not open for further replies.