• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tyne and Wear Metro recruiting new trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caad12

Before I go emailing the training team does anyone know what you have to bring with you? In the welcome pack it mentioned coloured pencils and binders etc, but didn't list anything specifically.

I'm assuming it lots of paper, pens, coloured markers, basically like I'm going back to school again. I'll leave the protractor at home though. And my doctor says I'm not allowed a compass as it's sharp and pointy...:D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Caad12

Sorry chief - I’ve waited two years, had first round failures at Doncaster on testing & then had offers from both northern & metro to join up - I’m as nervous as a fat kid on a diet in a maccie D’s :)

Here if I can be of help for advice though.

Comfy

Sorry chief - I’ve waited two years, had first round failures at Doncaster on testing & then had offers from both northern & metro to join up - I’m as nervous as a fat kid on a diet in a maccie D’s :)

Here if I can be of help for advice though.
Just curious what made you pick metro over northern?

Caad12

Just curious what made you pick metro over northern?

Well two reasons. At interview I was told that the training for metro is intense and one of the best courses going & I am looking to push myself & learn another new career - one in which I’d like to work through to retirement.

Two - it’s the metro - it’s symbolic to the north east of England and I like the idea of driving for metro especially with the new investment towards the infrastructure & new trains from Stadtler (sp).

Both were great offers and I’m appreciative of them but metro just had that ‘local’ lure.

train-safe

Well two reasons. At interview I was told that the training for metro is intense and one of the best courses going & I am looking to push myself & learn another new career - one in which I’d like to work through to retirement.

Two - it’s the metro - it’s symbolic to the north east of England and I like the idea of driving for metro especially with the new investment towards the infrastructure & new trains from Stadtler (sp).

Both were great offers and I’m appreciative of them but metro just had that ‘local’ lure.

Very strange you would turn down northern for metro, saying that I know northern at newcastle pulled their jobs around about the time covid started to spike so you probably wouldn't have received an official offer anyway

Caad12

Very strange you would turn down northern for metro, saying that I know northern at newcastle pulled their jobs around about the time covid started to spike so you probably wouldn't have received an official offer anyway

Passed both northern interviews end of last year beginning of this. Passed testing at Doncaster in March. Had official offer two weeks ago for November course & turned it down.

Nothing wrong with that bud, you went what was right for you! I wish you the very best of luck.

Caad12

It’s bloody good - a million miles from my last workplace induction & much more professional. This is gonna be good.

jeff1989

Also got email today for October. I know we have to wear masks during the tests but can anyone clarify if this also means the interview too? Just so I can mentally prepare for the weirdness of doing a face to face interview wearing a mask lol

Comfy

Also got email today for October. I know we have to wear masks during the tests but can anyone clarify if this also means the interview too? Just so I can mentally prepare for the weirdness of doing a face to face interview wearing a mask lol
We didn't wear masks for my interview. We just sat at a distance across a desk from each other.

Volvictof

I think it depends on who does it. I had to wear a mask in mine, and I had to ask him to repeat many questions as I couldn’t hear what he’d said.

Status
Not open for further replies.