• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tyne Valley HSTs

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I went for a trip with John (aka 'Yings must die') and Scott Lowes, to Carlisle for the GNER HSTs today.

We also met Martin Taylor who was on our train back from Carlisle.

GNER HST thrashes eastbound through Hexham

Typical Carlisle scene with a Pendolino and Voyager.

How many people does it take to uncouple a 57? ;)

Carlisle has the luxury of direct trains to Inverness during these diversions. This GNER HST makes an impressive sight as it snakes its way across to the far side of the station.

Our train back to Newcastle arrives

A Voyager was waiting at a red signal for the single line chord to access Carlisle station, creating an interesting effect.

The Tyne Valley line is very scenic

Side by side: Our HST arrived shortly before another departed.

Many more photos at yorkie.fotopic.net

I hope you enjoy them! :)

Thanks to Scott and John for a great day out!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Thanks guys.

I only decided to go at about 23:00 last night after conversation with Bluecont, Yings must die and Scottlowes. In the end Bluecont couldn't make it but 3 of us went. Glad I did!

Sometimes spur of the moment ideas can be great decisions! :idea:

andrewmay

Great photos there as usual. I know what you mean about the excessive amount of people to couple 57's as I've seen this many people at Crewe before trying to couple the 57's. The staff from the Pendo often like to come and watch them couple. Did they happen to bring a large cable with them when they came?

Cheers,
Andrew

Craig

Established Member
Nice photos Yorkie. Out of interest, what were you doing at Hexham, using the local services I guess?

yorkie said:
Thanks to Scott and John for a great day out!
I see the turnout was slightly better than the meet we went to last year... :lol:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Craig said:
Nice photos Yorkie. Out of interest, what were you doing at Hexham, using the local services I guess?
Yeah, we were lucky to see 3 HSTs there as we had only expected 2.

Craig said:
I see the turnout was slightly better than the meet we went to last year... :lol:
Yes, that's true!

joeholmes

Lovely pictures, I resisting to call them sexy guys :P

But oh hell, sexy picts Yorkie... Brilliant

Joe

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
TheSlash said:
Is banter not allowed on these forums now?
It is, but not when it contains offensive material. I'm sure no offence was meant but that word[1] is not one I feel comfortable with being used on this forum.

[1] For the record, it's a derogatory term for a person with 'a physical condition involving permanent tightening of the muscles which is caused by damage to the brain around or before the time of birth'

TheSlash

Established Member
For the record its a term commonly used in railway banter to describe an idiot. It is also a term used to describe a trackman "Mong on a prong" and is in no way offensive, especially as trackmen started the phrasewhen describing himself {not me in case your wondering}

Status
Not open for further replies.