• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tyne Valley Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eezypeazy

Apparently, Network Rail's medium-term plan is that the line should be operated by just two signal boxes - the new box at Low Row for the western part of the line, and a box at Prudhoe for the east. From your photographs, it appears that the new box at Low Row has at least retained the flavour of the boxes on the line, with its tiled roof and white windows.

Has the manned level crossing at Denton Village been retained, or has that gone as part of the Low Row scheme?

I'm surprised that the box at Bardon Mill has lasted so long out of use. I believe its crossover is to be removed?

I would imagine that the boxes at Wylam and Hexham are unlikely to be demolished. I don't know if they are listed buildings. The box at Haltwhistle is, I believe, listed.

eezypeazy

bluenoxid

Established Member
There is a letter in the most recent Rail that might be of interest:D

Status
Not open for further replies.