• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tyne Valley progress...

Status
Not open for further replies.

eezypeazy

So, as I mentioned in Craig's excellent thread on his West Highland line progress, here are some progress shots from the Tyne Valley....

Starting with a detail from Hexham. The roof is complete; I need to add more detail to the station wall (such as the Eastbound waiting room!)...

Hexham.jpg

Here's the approach to Hexham from the west... I've tried to capture the "feel" of the road bridge ....

Hexham Bridge.jpg

The next station to the west is Haydon Bridge... I'm particularly pleased with the level crossing gates. The house and eastbound shelter (just visible) are also in the right places....

Haydon Bridge2.jpg

and finally, Haltwhistle... a complex set of buildings to capture in one screenshot - here's just part of the station....

haltwhistle.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the screenshots... this weekend, I hope to finish Bardon Mill station... most of the scenery Haydon Bridge to Hexham is complete; so then I'll start on the intermediate scenery this coming week....

eezypeazy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nitro

Fantastic screenies eezypeazy, that bridge is very realistic especially with the rust on it! Keep it up!

Craig

Established Member
eezypeazy said:
Bridge is thanks to Craig Allan for the use of his photograph from Blyth...
Aha! I was wondering where I'd seen it before :lol:

Those screen shots look excellent, they all look just like the real thing :D

Tom B

Established Member
Nice shots, though I would suggest the upping of the platform edge texture to a higher colour depth (then possibly reducing with IrfanView or similar) and possibly a photo-based frilly support bit. But of course they're only minor and easy to fix - keep up the good work!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I have to admit, I've never seen the real thing, but it looks very realistic! It 'feels' like you're on the route, which is a very vital part of such a northern route, it has to feel like your driving a route in an area where weather can be sunny one minute, overcast the next, rainy the next minute. I get that feeling from that route, which I like. It does look like someone has taken time to research the proper buildings and things, which is again vital in making it realistic.

Excellent progress, I cannot wait to trial it when it is complete! Any chance of a HST service on it when it is done, so as to simulate diverted GNER/VXC HSTs on it?

eezypeazy

Thank you for your kind comments.

Yes, I'm trying to get as many of the buildings as possible in the right place. Living in the Tyne Valley and enjoying cycling, I manage to combine both hobbies!

WSXFan said:
Any chance of a HST service on it when it is done, so as to simulate diverted GNER/VXC HSTs on it?
There is already a Diverted HST route available - you MUST try it with the brand new HST!

When I get to Carlisle, I'll release a new non-stop HST version.

Regards

eezypeazy

Techniquest

Veteran Member
That's good news. I'll try the new HST when the opportunity comes. Planning to do some hot swaps with the HDD and graphics card out of two PCs soon, but that means a shed load of work to get everything going, as it means a new copy of XP probably. Plus for me it all depends on everything succesfully going in without it all (including the house!) going bang!

eezypeazy

Cockfosters said:
Nice shots, though I would suggest the upping of the platform edge texture to a higher colour depth (then possibly reducing with IrfanView or similar)
I'm pleased to say that I've followed this advice - including using IrfanView - and have redone the platform texture, which is much improved.

For anyone using the current version of Tyne Valley, you can download it using this link - simply right click, choose Save Target As and replace the existing file in your Tyne Valley\platforms\ folder.

Regards

eezypeazy

Tom B

Established Member
Cool! Certainly makes the platforms look better. More generally, it's a good idea to use IV or similar to reduce the colours - M$ Paint generally screws it up.

eezypeazy

It's a good idea to use IV or similar to reduce the colours - M$ Paint generally screws it up.[/QUOTE said:
You're absolutely right there - I downloaded IrfanView some months ago (I think you mentioned it elsewhere) and my more recent graphics have all been color depth reduced and/or colors twaeked through it.

Regards

eezypeazy
--- edited ---
Cockfosters said:
It's a good idea to use IV or similar to reduce the colours - M$ Paint generally screws it up.
You're absolutely right there! I downloaded IrfanView some months ago (I think you mentioned it elsewhere) and most of the graphics for my most recent scenery have been color depth reduced or otherwise tweaked through it.

Regards

eezypeazy

Nitro

After using your new platform texture I must compliment you on it Eezypeazy. Its much more realistic than the prevous one and matches the stations aswell. Well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.