• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tyne Valley reaches Sunderland!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eezypeazy

Tyne Valley has been extended, and now reaches Sunderland. In addition to the extra route miles, a number of improvements have been made, including:

Improved trackwork Gateshead to Heworth
A better interpretation of intermediate Metro stations
Passing trains
Improved scenery, including more photorealistic bridges

Two timetables are included in the route: Hexham – Sunderland weekday mornings 156; and Hexham – Newcastle diverted HST.

Versions for both BVE 2 and BVE4.

Merry Christmas!

eezypeazy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Another superb extension from the EezyPeazy workshop! Can you send me the 156 please? It doesn't seem right in a 158 ;)

eezypeazy

Damon,

There's a link to the 156 for BVE 2 download from my Tyne Valley page... follow the "Need The Trains?" link.... you'll need to tweak it for it to display the BVE 4 timetable, though....

Regards

eezypeazy

Jim

Established Member
Love it, thanks for the present sir ;)

I had to stop playing it to go down town :cry: ;)

Coxster

Established Member
I'd just like to say your object selection is great. Some were exactly what I'd been looking for!

Nitro

Hey eezypeazy Im a big fan of both of your routes and I have downloaded your new Sunderland extesnion to Tyne Valley but while driving it in the Class 66 from TSC (as I cant get the HST running in BVE 4) I went past a green signal and as i got near to it it made a huge glow and BVE crashed. Any ideas why this happend?

eezypeazy

Nitro said:
I went past a green signal and as i got near to it it made a huge glow and BVE crashed. Any ideas why this happend?

No idea at all.... I've tried to add to the BVE 4 version the code that uses the BR Signals available from TSC... if you open the route file, and go to the end of the with structure section, you'll see the bit that calls the BR signals.... now, this is the first time I've tried to do this, and it doesn't seem to work in a straighforward manner.... I think this is because my route was built with RouteBuilder, which doesn't seem to support the "cleverer" signalling bits in BVE 4.... so, you'll probably find three-aspect signals, rather that the four-aspect I intended, being used.

Try deleting the BR signals section at the end of the with structure bit, and see if that stops it crashing...

For a future release, I'm going to make it use the BR signals properly... at the moment, it's not quite there...

Regards

eezypeazy

evil_hippo

My humbly given advice would be to work on accurate scenery around Newcastle before advancing towards Carlisle.

Status
Not open for further replies.