• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tyne & Wear Metro: Fleet Refurbishment List

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmo

Grand Central Class 180 on 1A69 ran into problems at Sunderland before it could head off for London - for once a Metro delay they have no control over :P

All trains using Sunderland P2 as a result resulting in some wrong line working for Airport trains.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DanNCL

Established Member
Chichester - South Shields will be shut from the 8th July until the 4th August for work on the new South Shields Interchange. No post on their social media feeds yet but this closure has now appeared in the planned works list on the nexus website. https://www.nexus.org.uk/metro/updates?open=t_planned-works

When the line reopens will it be the old South Shields station still being served or will the new station open when the line reopens?

Paul_10

Chichester - South Shields will be shut from the 8th July until the 4th August for work on the new South Shields Interchange. No post on their social media feeds yet but this closure has now appeared in the planned works list on the nexus website. https://www.nexus.org.uk/metro/updates?open=t_planned-works

When the line reopens will it be the old South Shields station still being served or will the new station open when the line reopens?

Should be the new station I would assume as August 2019 is the due date for it to be opened. On a slight side note I think another poster mentioned that it will be interesting how they will handle the Great North Run crowds especially as it seems there will only be one entrance upto the platform. I hope I'm wrong but I would not be surprised if there are problems but hopefully Nexus do have plans in place.

jkkne

Hmm interesting timing on the closure.

Right through the South Tyneside Festival and Sunday concerts which from experience equal very busy metros and during term time too.

Our coastal resorts have had quite a battering from line closures over the past year.

ModernRailways

Established Member
Hmm interesting timing on the closure.

Right through the South Tyneside Festival and Sunday concerts which from experience equal very busy metros and during term time too.

Our coastal resorts have had quite a battering from line closures over the past year.

Yes, but we must protect the GNR at all costs. Only really locals care about South Tyneside Festival, the GNR has national coverage. Same goes for a lot of things with Nexus. I believe this is joint Nexus/South Tyneside Council and if South Tyneside Council is anything like North Tyneside then we've got no chance.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Yes, but we must protect the GNR at all costs. Only really locals care about South Tyneside Festival, the GNR has national coverage.

The GNR is important, it brings in numbers you don't get at any other time.

No disrespect to Marti Pellow, but he's not going to be dragging in a 100k crowd...

jkkne

The GNR is important, it brings in numbers you don't get at any other time.

No disrespect to Marti Pellow, but he's not going to be dragging in a 100k crowd...

I see Nexus confirmed Spice Girls was their most lucrative ever event. Always thought GNR would top it

Status
Not open for further replies.