• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Typical week as a conductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul 1980

Hi I wondered if anyone knew what a typical working week looked like, typical shifts etc. I ll be based at Blackpool.
Also what sort of salary can I expect as this information has nt been given to me yet and my training course is a good few months off yet.
TIA.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MickeyClass37

Hi Paul

When does your course start and where?

I'm awaiting to see I get an interview.

Cheers Mickey

Last edited:

Paul 1980

My start date is a lot closer now so cannot wait. Can anyone provide anything to the original question ?
TIA Paul.

Rail My Way

Hi Paul,

I've just done my Fca and passed out as a conductor with northern at Piccadilly. It's a lot of work mentally but as long as you put the work in, this means revision at home as well you will do well.

Wage wise, training wage is £20,500ish, when you complete your Fca around 3 months after starting training it will go up to a touch over £29,000.

Hours wise, training at Boulton House will be normally 9-4 for three months with the odd earlier start, depot wise they differ so couldn't tell you but at Picadilly when I go into a link it will be the lowest one so earliest start time 03:00 ish and latest finish around 02:30 just to give you an idea.

Regards

Chris

jonnyfan

That's useful info, thanks Chris

I start conductor training with Northern in Manchester on Monday, been waiting since March to start, so really looking forward to it!

Paul 1980

Hi Chris that's great insight thanks.
Jonnyfan can I ask when you got your contract through the post? Still waiting here I was told I d receive something in a few weeks. That was nearly a month ago now.

jonnyfan

Hi Chris that's great insight thanks.
Jonnyfan can I ask when you got your contract through the post? Still waiting here I was told I d receive something in a few weeks. That was nearly a month ago now.
It did take a while to receive it, the date of the letter was 5 June so about a month before I started

Status
Not open for further replies.