• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Uckfield Line Cancellations - 2 March 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsr

Established Member
Afternoon all...

For those of you who are Uckfield Line passengers, also for those of you who may travel between London Bridge & East Croydon in the evening peak, the following is to be noted for this evening:

1334 Uckfield to London Bridge terminates at East Croydon
1508 London Bridge to Uckfield cancelled
1633 Uckfield to London Bridge cancelled
1806 London Bridge to Uckfield cancelled
1933 Uckfield to London Bridge cancelled
1732 Uckfield to London Bridge terminates at East Croydon
1908 London Bridge to Uckfield cancelled
2035 Uckfield to London Bridge cancelled
2227 London Bridge to East Croydon cancelled (nb: this is usually formed of 171 stock from the Uckfield Line)

This is mainly due to a shortage of driver cover this afternoon, and the remaining crew being stuck in the wrong places to get trains out of Selhurst Depot.

No advice on any replacement transport yet, thus all I can say is that Haywards Heath trains, and the 1807/1908 shuttles from Oxted, will be very busy!

There's also been a unit fault this lunchtime and a signalling fault between Eridge and Crowborough yesterday - both now seem to be fixed - so I can appreciate it's not been a good few days, again...

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Afternoon all...

For those of you who are Uckfield Line passengers, also for those of you who may travel between London Bridge & East Croydon in the evening peak, the following is to be noted for this evening:

1334 Uckfield to London Bridge terminates at East Croydon
1508 London Bridge to Uckfield cancelled
1633 Uckfield to London Bridge cancelled
1806 London Bridge to Uckfield cancelled
1933 Uckfield to London Bridge cancelled
1732 Uckfield to London Bridge terminates at East Croydon
1908 London Bridge to Uckfield cancelled
2035 Uckfield to London Bridge cancelled
2227 London Bridge to East Croydon cancelled (nb: this is usually formed of 171 stock from the Uckfield Line)

This is mainly due to a shortage of driver cover this afternoon, and the remaining crew being stuck in the wrong places to get trains out of Selhurst Depot.

No advice on any replacement transport yet, thus all I can say is that Haywards Heath trains, and the 1807/1908 shuttles from Oxted, will be very busy!

There's also been a unit fault this lunchtime and a signalling fault between Eridge and Crowborough yesterday - both now seem to be fixed - so I can appreciate it's not been a good few days, again...

Is this 'Southernrail? Got to give them credit, only 7 cancelled today. Wow, I'm impressed.

Chrisgr31

Established Member
Damn the 18.06 is my usual train. Many thanks TSR for the heads up.

I confirm most Southern passengers on the Uckfield line are battle hardened although some still get extremely grumpy which doesn't help anyone.

Now to decide which train to get!

tsr

Established Member
Buses have been booked to run at 1540/1940 from Oxted to Uckfield, and 1635/2035 from Uckfield to Oxted.

Damn the 18.06 is my usual train. Many thanks TSR for the heads up.

I confirm most Southern passengers on the Uckfield line are battle hardened although some still get extremely grumpy which doesn't help anyone.

Now to decide which train to get!

No worries!

If you want a train, vice bus, all I can say is what you probably already guessed: get to Oxted as soon as you can for the 1908 down (the 4 coach one, which I think is fully formed tonight). That is, unless someone can pick you up from Tunbridge Wells / Haywards Heath / etc.

If the 1908 is already full when you get there, there'll be a bus at 1940. Obviously this is way after the usual arrival of the 1806, though.

However, no bus has yet been booked to cover any part of the 1806.

physics34

Established Member
couldnt they arrange for the drivers booked to work the shuttles to work the 18.08/19.08 10 car services instead???????! (with the 18.08 making additional stops).

physics34

Established Member
think the 18.08 (1E55) has now been reinstated. need to confirm

tsr

Established Member
couldnt they arrange for the drivers booked to work the shuttles to work the 18.08/19.08 10 car services instead???????! (with the 18.08 making additional stops).

think the 18.08 (1E55) has now been reinstated. need to confirm

1E55 (retimed to 1806 a while back! ;) ) has been, yes. Apologies for not staying on the ball, folks!

As for working the 10 car services out of London Bridge vice shuttles - ideally yes, but the diagrammed work for the four different diagrams is different enough to make it like chasing your own trains for the whole evening - it's not often practical, and I have been disappointed by this many times, having tried to cobble together suggestions of my own solutions on more than one occasion.

Chrisgr31

Established Member
Thanks all, I had a cunning plan to escape the office early, and catch the 16.08 however that was foiled, so ended up on the reinstated 18.06, which was held up by a late running East Grinstead train. It then missed its slot through the single section at Eridge so arriving best part of 30 minutes late.

Those going for the 19.0x would it appear have been even more delayed as a friend was meant to be on the 21.0x but tweeted that they had won was caught the very delayed 20.0x. Wonder if they have to pay Southern for being early!

Status
Not open for further replies.