• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

UEFA EURO 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Think these are quite possibly odds for match results after 90 minutes. If the respective games go to extra time/penalties, they are deemed to have been 'draws' and you wouldn't win anything unless that's what you had separately selected. o_O
Yes, I selected the odds in black offered for 90 minutes play, as I feel that both matches will be decided after 90 minutes.

The draw odds are shown in red

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

westv

Established Member
Think these are quite possibly odds for match results after 90 minutes. If the respective games go to extra time/penalties, they are deemed to have been 'draws' and you wouldn't win anything unless that's what you had separately selected. o_O
What are the odds are "to reach final"?

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
To reach the final...

England 1/5
Italy 8/11
Spain 10/11
Denmark 12/5

Source: Paddy Power

birchesgreen

Established Member
I don't understand what these odds mean, i get stuff thats 7-1 or 5-4 but 1-5? What does that mean apart from how much the bookies will rip you off.

JamesT

Established Member
I don't understand what these odds mean, i get stuff thats 7-1 or 5-4 but 1-5? What does that mean apart from how much the bookies will rip you off.

7/1 you’d win £7 for every £1 bet (plus your £1 back). 1/5 you’d win £1 for every £5 bet (plus your £5 back), or if you’d prefer, you’d win 20p for every £1 bet.
The bookies reckon it’s so likely that they’re almost certain to have to pay out so they need to minimise it. But they still have to offer some sort of prospect of profit for the punters.

birchesgreen

Established Member
Ok that make sense now thanks, never really been into gambling and odds even though my grandad was a tic-tac man!

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
The bookies reckon it’s so likely that they’re almost certain to have to pay out so they need to minimise it. But they still have to offer some sort of prospect of profit for the punters.
Usually, but not always, if the weight of money that is being placed on one particular winning scenario (e.g. England winning the tournament), the bookies will further adjust the odds so that they still make a small profit irrespective of whichever the winning result is.

They might try to do this by tempting punters to place bets on one or more of the other three nation sides by lengthening (increasing) the odds against them winning.

Or promoting odds for teams winning a game after 90 minutes and conveniently not overly highlighting that you lose your stake money if the match then goes to extra time and/or penalties. :rolleyes:

westv

Established Member
Is this the first time we've reached two consecutive semi finals?

To reach the final...

England 1/5
Italy 8/11
Spain 10/11
Denmark 12/5

Source: Paddy Power
If was still using my Betfair account I'd probably look at backing England not to reach the final. If they did I'd be very happy. If they didn't I'd make some money.

Last edited:

On Moderation
Yes - he knows what he is doing. Keep the ball. Defend well. Score. Defend. Control. Win.

I think I was enjoying it but found it very difficult to process the feelings. It just felt wrong and unnatural to be so calm and assured and in complete control. I found it very strange. Why wasn't I all angsty?

It may have been the most clinical tournament performance I have seen from England. Complete control. Almost taking the pi$$ by the end. Henderson scoring. The matrix is broken!
I think the most shocking thing about the England side (in a good way!) is the way they keep possession. In the past that's the sort of thing the Germans and Italians did, whereas England would give it away on a regular basis and then try to win it back i.e. the traditional English game. The current side have looked almost European in the way they move the ball around. Still a little bit to go before they create the sort of patterns that Verratti, Insigne & co. did the other night, though.

roversfan2001

Established Member
Is this the first time we've reached two consecutive semi finals?

If was still using my Betfair account I'd probably look at backing England not to reach the final. If they did I'd be very happy. If they didn't I'd make some money.
Backing Denmark to reach the final would have that effect.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member

Backing Denmark to reach the final would have that effect.

The odds are just about the same. Laying England is 1.39, backing Denmark 3.55. If you risk a tenner on the former you win £25.64, if you risk a tenner on the latter you win £25.55. The odds do move around though with the market.

England are now hot favourites to win the competition, although that is because Italy and Spain are both relatively closely matched. If England beat Denmark, I suspect that they will be slight underdogs in the final.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
The odds are just about the same. Laying England is 1.39, backing Denmark 3.55. If you risk a tenner on the former you win £25.64, if you risk a tenner on the latter you win £25.55. The odds do move around though with the market.

England are now hot favourites to win the competition, although that is because Italy and Spain are both relatively closely matched. If England beat Denmark, I suspect that they will be slight underdogs in the final.
If Italy beat Spain, they're definitely favourites to win the final. Against Spain I'd fancy our chances providing we get there.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
If Italy beat Spain, they're definitely favourites to win the final. Against Spain I'd fancy our chances providing we get there.
Pretty much this, Italy are still favourites for the whole thing I reckon. But once we get to the final…anything can happen in 90 minutes…

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Pretty much this, Italy are still favourites for the whole thing I reckon. But once we get to the final…anything can happen in 90 minutes…

England are currently favourites - and by some margin. But if Italy win their Semi, they will be favourites.

Butts

Veteran Member
With England's form improving rapidly, why were they unable to put us to the sword ?

Croatia destroyed us in the 2nd half :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
With England's form improving rapidly, why were they unable to put us to the sword ?

Because Scotland blew all their energy in trying to stop us rather than concentrating it on the other two games possibly? That’s if you believe that on paper England were considered stronger than at least Czech Republic and possibly Croatia too?
But possibly also because the more games England have played the more they’ve improved through the tournament.
Scotland looked tired in their final game after the previous one against England to me.

Last edited:

On Moderation
Because the Scots put all their attention and effort into the England game. You still couldn't score in your cup final!

DarloRich

Veteran Member
interesting first half in the Spain v Italy game. Italy not up to their recent standards but the Spanish front line is giving the 900 year old Italian centre half's a good work out! Spain should be leading.

"nil - nil in you cup final"

Good to see you carried on your record of constant failure to qualify from the group stage in a major tournament. You cant even do it when they let third placed teams through!

Butts

Veteran Member
interesting first half in the Spain v Italy game. Italy not up to their recent standards but the Spanish front line is giving the 900 year old Italian centre half's a good work out! Spain should be leading.

"nil - nil in you cup final"

Good to see you sweaties carried on your record of constant failure to qualify from the group stage in a major tournament. You cant even do it when they let third placed teams through!

Yes, we use Darlington as a role model.

Goal Italia !!

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Yes, we use Darlington as a role model.
I don't understand the point you are trying to make? Is it that the entire collective ability of the Scottish footballing nation is only equal to a small semi professional north east non league football team?

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Mr Church puts Italia in the lead!

But not for long before Morata equalises!

Last edited:

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Extra time - Spain had a number of good chances to win the game in 90 minutes. Italy second best so far really. Really good game so far!

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
I hope they both run themselves ragged. Use up all their energy before Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.