• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

UEFA EURO 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darandio

Established Member
Did you have a bet?

No. I'm so rarely correct I don't trust my own predictions. Besides, I backed Germany from the outset. :lol:

ENGLAND IN A FINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not sure how to deal with this!

Me neither. I'm the other side of 40 now and have watched so many tournaments, this-does-not-happen.

Last edited:

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Me neither. I'm the other side of 40 now and have watched so many tournaments, this-does-not-happen.
Snap - we didn't cock it up. We weren't robbed or cheated, we played quite well and looked almost German at time. We even got a penalty that wasn't a penalty, took it, missed it and scored the rebound.

This.Does.Not.Happen.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
My word I’m struggling to process this too right now.
There’s probably not many of us on this forum that have experienced a moment like this? I’m in bits to be honest. :lol:
Southgate you’re the man. Well done sir!

DarloRich

Veteran Member
My word I’m struggling to process this too right now.
There’s probably not many of us on this forum that have experienced a moment like this? I’m in bits to be honest

Italy 1990 = X
England 1996 = X
Russia 2018 = X
Portugal 2019 = X

ENGLAND 2020 = YES!

westv

Established Member
So, Sunday
The Final
Italy

can we do it??
I'll guess no but hope I'm wrong.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Italy 1990 = X
England 1996 = X
Russia 2018 = X
Portugal 2019 = X

ENGLAND 2020 = YES!

You’re a brave man Rich. I’m going to have to play it down though as it’s working for me. ;)
There’s definitely something happening here though and I’m loving it…

DarloRich

Veteran Member
You’re a brave man Rich. I’m going to have to play it down though as it’s working for me. ;)
There’s definitely something happening here though and I’m loving it…
I meant semi finals!

We wont beat Italy......................

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Not confident about the Italy game but boy does it feel good to be in a final! Amazing work by Southgate and the team.

scotrail158713

Established Member
My personal Twitter feed seems filled with a lot of English hatred but personally I’ll say congratulations to England. This is the best England team I remember and they all seem decent and reasonable as well - just a questionable penalty decision! :)

Now I just need to disconnect myself from the media for the next few days. All the baggage that comes with English success is the worst part of it.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Not confident about the Italy game but boy does it feel good to be in a final! Amazing work by Southgate and the team.

That’s how I feel really. We’re contenders now and that feels really good.
Fair play Gareth. Well done.

Peregrine 4903

Established Member
WE ARE ACTUALLY IN A FINAL! I'M OVER THE MOON WITH EXCITEMENT!

The last time we were in a final, my dad was 3 years old. I'm so proud of the team. Yes we got a lucky with the penatly call, but Denmark's freekick I don't think was a freekick either and we most certainly deserved to win. We were much the better team.

Sterling was utterly world class. What a superb peformance. Walker, Maguire and Kane were brilliant as well. Phillips started porrly but really grew into the game. Only England player who I thought was poor was Pickford. His kicking is awful and he seems to panic so often, particularly when he doesn't need to. I also think a world class keeper like Courtois or Donurumma saves Damsgaard's free kick just about, but you can't really blame pickford for that.

Whatever happens in the final, I'm proud of this team. BUT BRING ON ITALY!

Wilts Wanderer

Established Member
It was definitely ‘Everton Pickford’ rather than ‘England Pickford’ on the pitch tonight. Let’s hope he finds his head again before Sunday, I’ve a feeling we’re going to need him.

Mintona

Established Member
God I hope they lose. I don’t think I can bear the outpouring of joy if they win.

Forza Italia

tommy2215

Italy will definitely be a big challenge but most people said we wouldn't beat Croatia (which we did), said we wouldn't beat Germany (which we handsomely did). Italy haven't had it all plain sailing this tournament, they struggled against Wales and Austria. So I think we are certainly in with a chance!

Butts

Veteran Member
My personal Twitter feed seems filled with a lot of English hatred but personally I’ll say congratulations to England. This is the best England team I remember and they all seem decent and reasonable as well - just a questionable penalty decision! :)

Now I just need to disconnect myself from the media for the next few days. All the baggage that comes with English success is the worst part of it.

Complete twa*ts the lot of them - I can remember when Scotland qualified for World Cups that England didn't and most English people cheered Scotland on to another ignominious exit.

Do you really think the baggage would be any different up here in the unlikely event the roles were reversed ? "Were on the march with Ally's Army" springs to mind. :idea:

Italy with Denmark in the final then

Not got over the spanking they gave your lot :?:

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
There’s always one unfortunately.
I’ve enjoyed watching people get sour at the “dive” for the penalty last night and declare they’d support Italy in the final as a result. Italy of course are well above and beyond what could diplomatically be called “gamesmanship”.

The England run has been one of the only things the country has united around for years and it’s good to have some good news for once. The manager is a gentleman and the players are a credit.

Mintona

Established Member

When people are enjoying themselves and being happy I find it very depressing. I only feel any comfort in life if everybody is miserable. I can think of no greater collective misery right now than England losing the Euros final, except maybe losing the World Cup final to Argentina (so I’ll be hoping for that next year).

Ergo, Forza Italia.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
When people are enjoying themselves and being happy I find it very depressing. I only feel any comfort in life if everybody is miserable. I can think of no greater collective misery right now than England losing the Euros final, except maybe losing the World Cup final to Argentina (so I’ll be hoping for that next year).

Ergo, Forza Italia.

You do realise Italian people will be enjoying themselves if they win, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.