• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

UK & ITS - Updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I T S

Afternoon

The UK - April 2021 gallery has begun with a good bit of variety across North Yorkshire on the link below:

UK - April 2021 - UK & ITS (smugmug.com)

UK - April 2021

Friday 2nd April:
Two separate Class 37 movements featuring one with the open saloon on a tour of North Yorks and the second featuring a pair heading from Doncaster to Carlisle with an engineers train for the weekend.

Saturday 3rd April:
An early rise and visit to Church Fenton for 2 Class 68 + Mk5 movements due within 10 minutes of one another, one on Freightliner driver training and the second on the eastbound passenger service from Liverpool to Scarborough. In the afternoon, I photographed the cement running from Hunslet in Leeds to Oxwellmains (North of Berwick) passing Garforth.

Sunday 4th April:
The weekly Derby to Newcastle N/R test train, this time in the fashion of top & tail Class 67's followed by a ROG Class 37 en route from Derby to Kilmarnock ahead of a stock transfer for Scotrail the following day.

Monday 5th April:
Lunchtime visit to Hambleton for the diverted intermodal via the ECML rather than WCML due to engineering works over Easter which featured a pair of Class 88 + 68 working in multiple in diesel & electric mode. Later on in the day, I caught up with the 4 - weekly PLPR test train passing Gascoigne Wood on its trip around North Yorks.

Regards,
I T S

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joshua483

On Moderation
Afternoon

The UK - April 2021 gallery has begun with a good bit of variety across North Yorkshire on the link below:

UK - April 2021

Friday 2nd April:
Two separate Class 37 movements featuring one with the open saloon on a tour of North Yorks and the second featuring a pair heading from Doncaster to Carlisle with an engineers train for the weekend.

Saturday 3rd April:
An early rise and visit to Church Fenton for 2 Class 68 + Mk5 movements due within 10 minutes of one another, one on Freightliner driver training and the second on the eastbound passenger service from Liverpool to Scarborough. In the afternoon, I photographed the cement running from Hunslet in Leeds to Oxwellmains (North of Berwick) passing Garforth.

Sunday 4th April:
The weekly Derby to Newcastle N/R test train, this time in the fashion of top & tail Class 67's followed by a ROG Class 37 en route from Derby to Kilmarnock ahead of a stock transfer for Scotrail the following day.

Monday 5th April:
Lunchtime visit to Hambleton for the diverted intermodal via the ECML rather than WCML due to engineering works over Easter which featured a pair of Class 88 + 68 working in multiple in diesel & electric mode. Later on in the day, I caught up with the 4 - weekly PLPR test train passing Gascoigne Wood on its trip around North Yorks.

Regards,
I T S
Good hear that fun can still happen.

I T S

Update 07-04-21

Tuesday 6th April:
Visit after lunch to Ulleskelf to photograph the electrification progress taking place between Church Fenton & Colton Junction along with 37422 returning from Doncaster to York.

Attachments

• DSC_0272.JPG
    DSC_0272.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 3

I T S

Thursday 8th April:
A steady afternoon & evening with photographs from Pickering (NYMR) and York. GBRF's 66754 & 66760 have been transported by road the North Yorkshire Moors Railway to assist with filming that is due to take place over the coming weeks. In addition to this, 2 former ex Norway State Railway carriages have arrived at Pickering to also take part in the filming. During lunchtime, I photographed the ex NSB carriage navigating its way through the narrow roads in Pickering. Following this I then headed for York Holgate Works to catch 66760 departing the works on the back of an Allelys low-loader and then later at various locations in and on the outskirts of the city as it began its road transfer to Pickering.

Click on the link below to view:

Regards,
I T S

I T S

Tuesday 13th April:
Whilst in London for other reasons not relating to the railway, I did manage to plan some railway things into a bit of 'spare time'. On Tuesday morning, I ventured onto the North London line at Gospel Oak for the Class 321's going to Newport to be scrapped hauled by a ROG Cl.57. Whilst at Gospel Oak, a couple of freights also passed through. Later in the day then, I got myself over to Kings Cross for the Great Northern Class 365's which are due to be withdrawn next month from passenger service. I travelled as far as Stevenage on the pair as they worked the 18:05 Kings Cross / Peterborough.

Click on the link below to view:

Attachments

• DSC_0964.jpg
    DSC_0964.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 2

SouthEastBuses

On Moderation
Update 07-04-21

Tuesday 6th April:
Visit after lunch to Ulleskelf to photograph the electrification progress taking place between Church Fenton & Colton Junction along with 37422 returning from Doncaster to York.

What type of electrification are they going for?

Furrey Frey Series 1 like the GWML, or Balfour Beatty like newly electrified railway lines in the North West?

Status
Not open for further replies.