• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

UK members, what is your preferred politcal party?

UK members, what is your preferred political party?

• Plaid Cymru

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

• Sinn Fein

• Brexit Party/Reform Party

• UK Independence Party

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
I'm pleasantly surprised to see a few others opting for Green. It has taken quite a while for people to get over the "sandal-wearing-lentil-muncher" stereotype, but I think we've reached the stage when they're no longer seen as a fringe party*. A better electoral system (already being discussed elsewhere) would reflect that support.

* I say party but, being pedantic, there are actually three separate Green parties in the UK.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

24Grange

Another one for "None of the Above".
I haven't voted for a number of years - having lived in cast-iron Tory seats since 2000, I know my vote would make absolutely no difference whatsoever in the scheme of things, so frankly, why waste my time and energy, I've better things to do.

Cynical, moi? :smile:

Same here - absolutely pointless voting.

MattRat

On Moderation
Same here - absolutely pointless voting.
It would be nice to see everyone who thought the same in the same place. You might all be surprised with how many of you there are (and therefore how much sway you all have).

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
This particular website is always good for the threads with a poll attached at times of General Elections which invariably get the actual result wrong.... :rolleyes:

I have always been a "True Blue" and have voted accordingly in the poll on this thread

Established Member
This particular website is always good for the threads with a poll attached at times of General Elections which invariably get the actual result wrong.... :rolleyes:

The polls are for members to state their preferred party, not guess the result.

Established Member
My posting did state my preferred party....you omitted that part of my posting above.

It wasn't relevant to my point, so I didn't feel the need to include it.

It was not a comment that I made on "guessing the result"....it was a comment on how often election polls on threads on this website invariably get it wrong.

I was pointing out why said polls are "wrong", actually.

Irascible

Established Member
Currently most likely to vote Green, mostly because I can't with good concience give a positive backing to any of the others right now but also the Greens have come a long way even if I don't think they could form a govt yet. I vary between quite a long way left & laissez-faire depending what the subject is, so I don't think I've ever had a chance to vote for someone who'd represent me properly. Won't ever get me voting tory though.

Scotrail12

A bit politically homeless (particularly due to the past year) but generally would be anyway, I'm just not the type who would be a member or loyal to any particular party.

I'm reasonably sympathetic to Labour & Conservative, I can vote for either if they have the right people but would never call myself supporters of them. I could never vote a more authoritarian leaning party so Green are 100% out for me. SNP similarly are not my cup of tea albeit I can tolerate them a little bit more. Sadly they're too popular meaning I'll never get a government in Scotland that remotely represents me so I'll probably head somewhere else eventually. Wouldn't support a UKIP/Brexit type party and never want them in power but they have a place I guess. Lib Dems don't really do much for me, they have potential but I never quite get them, seems to have been a total mix of leaders and not too much consistency.

MattRat

On Moderation
A bit politically homeless (particularly due to the past year) but generally would be anyway, I'm just not the type who would be a member or loyal to any particular party.

I'm reasonably sympathetic to Labour & Conservative, I can vote for either if they have the right people but would never call myself supporters of them. I could never vote a more authoritarian leaning party so Green are 100% out for me. SNP similarly are not my cup of tea albeit I can tolerate them a little bit more. Sadly they're too popular meaning I'll never get a government in Scotland that remotely represents me so I'll probably head somewhere else eventually. Wouldn't support a UKIP/Brexit type party and never want them in power but they have a place I guess. Lib Dems don't really do much for me, they have potential but I never quite get them, seems to have been a total mix of leaders and not too much consistency.
I completely understand where you are coming from. In Liverpool, the Labour Mayor Joe Anderson was extremely corrupt, and milked our city dry. Labour did nothing to stop one of their own doing this. And yet, Labour easily stayed in power across the board, basically telling them they can do as they like to us, and there will be zero consequences. It's made me really lose faith in my city.

prod_pep

Established Member
I completely understand where you are coming from. In Liverpool, the Labour Mayor Joe Anderson was extremely corrupt, and milked our city dry. Labour did nothing to stop one of their own doing this. And yet, Labour easily stayed in power across the board, basically telling them they can do as they like to us, and there will be zero consequences. It's made me really lose faith in my city.

Absolutely spot on; the phrase 'turkeys voting for Christmas' comes to mind. Liverpool's going downhill, it pains me to say.

I'm certainly not 'true blue' but I voted Conservative at the last election, not that it makes a jot of difference in my local area.

Established Member
Despite being a member of the party, I have to agree with the comments on Labour in Liverpool.

I and many other people in my area feel taken for granted and vote for alternate parties. I would actually like to see the Greens, Liberal Party and Lib Dems gain some more traction to see if that makes any difference. Probably not, but I can hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.