• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

uk railtours

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelander

I see from the info by UK Railtours they have two railtours to North Wales on the 25 May 2012 One is called the Bodnant Gardens and Llandudno and the other is the Snowdonion, both are set to leave London at the same time and when the tour gets to Llandudno Jct travels get onto coaches which takes them to varies destination. Are these two different tours or just one ????.

freelander.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I see from the info by UK Railtours they have two railtours to North Wales on the 25 May 2012 One is called the Bodnant Gardens and Llandudno and the other is the Snowdonion, both are set to leave London at the same time and when the tour gets to Llandudno Jct travels get onto coaches which takes them to varies destination. Are these two different tours or just one ????.

freelander.

I would think one train from London, but a choice of destinations when you get to Wales, you would have to tell them when you ar ebooking which one you would like to do. Shame it's not on a Saturday.

philjo

Established Member
It is the same train but the various coaches from LLandudno Junction will go to different destinations. Presumably as this is the 3rd tour I think for the Snowdonian the Bodnant Garden option helps to fill the train (& also for passengers who might have already done the Snowdonian.

A shame it leaves Euston so early as I have to travel into Kings Cross first (unless stay somewhere night before)

I'm tempted to do this trip myself or I might leave it to do in the summer.

philjo

Established Member
I decided to do this tour - train was doubled headed 67s in both directions - "Queen's Messenger" and "Diamond Jubilee"
Clear skies so the top of Snowdon (& the Snowdon train) was clearly seen from the WHR.

Status
Not open for further replies.