• Dear Guest, and welcome to RailUK Forums. Our non-railway discussion forums are currently restricted until members have five or more posts, and you will not be able to make a new thread or reply to an existing one in this section until you have made five or more posts elsewhere on the forum.

UK Train Graffiti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
7 Aug 2005
Messages
18,267
Location
0035
Someone's recently really badly attacked some Wessex units recently, including those lovely 150s :(

I'm pretty sure it was the same person as they've done a couple of units, all over, inc windows in blue, with yellow nonsense on top, even over the windows. Wessex have cleared most of it off, but the windows look a mess.

What should we do with vandals? Chop their *cough*s off? Nah.. that wouldn't be much use, if they spend all night spraying trains then they obviously don't know what it's for.
 

Simming

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
1,186
Location
Cornwall
They aint got Inch On there, he tags alot of HTAs, from teeside so I hear
 

117305

Member
Joined
14 Oct 2005
Messages
223
Location
earth
why do they do it i wonder why cant they make the little persons <( pay back in full what it costs to repaint the unit and the lose of earnings as well and see how much they like it then
 

Jim

Established Member
Joined
11 Jun 2005
Messages
3,206
Location
Wick
Mojo said:
Someone's recently really badly attacked some Wessex units recently, including those lovely 150s :(

I'm pretty sure it was the same person as they've done a couple of units, all over, inc windows in blue, with yellow nonsense on top, even over the windows. Wessex have cleared most of it off, but the windows look a mess.

What should we do with vandals? Chop their *cough*s off? Nah.. that wouldn't be much use, if they spend all night spraying trains then they obviously don't know what it's for.

A 153 got a repaint at WSB on Boxing Day
 

jonb

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
1,600
Location
Essex
Looking through those looks like Southend CS has been hit yet again a prime target for vandals being just a stone's throw away from Prittlewell station.
 

The Gricer

Member
Joined
11 Aug 2005
Messages
269
Location
MP 34½ SWML
I think sites like that one are irresponsible and can encourage others to 'have a go' to see if they can get theirs included on the site.
Having said that, some of those 'pictures' show quite some talent. Especially considering a lot of them are probably done in near darkness. It's a pity such talent couldn't be put to better use. The more elaborate ones must take a fair while to do. How come more offenders aren't caught. Does anyone know if many are caught? I dare say the penalties aren't enough to dissuade would be offenders anyway.

Frank
 

AJP

Established Member
Joined
30 Sep 2005
Messages
1,148
Location
Doncaster
I noticed this on shed 68 on crimbo eve :roll:

 

class 313

Established Member
Joined
10 Dec 2005
Messages
6,477
Location
St Albans
you never see any large scale grafiti on thameslink trains! :D you might see the odd doodle with a pen but thats it.
 

Sprog

Established Member
Joined
6 Sep 2005
Messages
1,315
Location
SPM
2 things:

1, This site is quite old. The submissions section has now been closed and it is meerly an 'archive' of pictures, so its not current (Notcice how most of the liveries are NSE etc.). :idea:

2, By clicking the links supplied, you are 'hitting' the site, making it look more popular, so dont click the link if you dont support it. Seen one train covered in graf., seen them all. Its just mindless vandalism that leaves a horrible gawdy mess. :roll: :x
 

AJP

Established Member
Joined
30 Sep 2005
Messages
1,148
Location
Doncaster
Some graffiti does look good IMO but its a bit chavish putting on things like trains :roll:
 

Sprog

Established Member
Joined
6 Sep 2005
Messages
1,315
Location
SPM
AJP said:
Some graffiti does look good IMO but its a bit chavish putting on things like trains :roll:

Not Chavish, just mornonic :x :x :x

An 'aquainance' of mine form RailChat once nabbed one of the little sh*ts, who was well known to them as a regualr offender, on his station. He proceeded to give them a torrnet of abuse, so they where so sick of him, that they decided to spray him with his own spray cans. Dont think he ever came back :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
51,639
Location
Yorkshire
Sadly these people are not fined much at all. TOX only got fined about £1200.

According to TV programme The Tube, someone who travels through Zones 1 and 2 on a Zone 3 travelcard could be fined £1000, while TOX spends almost his entire life vandalising and yet only gets fined about £1200, who worked that one out? :roll:

There should be much stricter penalties for vandals. There is no justice, sadly.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
51,639
Location
Yorkshire
AJP said:
agreed, this could be why ticket prices have rpse :roll:
Yes I am sure that if there was no vandalism prices could be a lot lower, given the amount of money that has to be spent dealing with it.
 

AJP

Established Member
Joined
30 Sep 2005
Messages
1,148
Location
Doncaster
It cost a hell of a lot to clear it up, I bet the people that are vandilisn dont use trains or dont pay for tickets.
 

Sprog

Established Member
Joined
6 Sep 2005
Messages
1,315
Location
SPM
My solution:

Stand um against a wall and shoot the f*ckers :x :x :x
 

Sprog

Established Member
Joined
6 Sep 2005
Messages
1,315
Location
SPM
6M60 SEATON FLASKS said:
AJP said:
6M60 SEATON FLASKS said:
spm_43030 said:
My solution:

Stand um against a wall and shoot the f*ckers :x :x :x

thats one way to solve the problem i surpose

ROFL!! Wipe out thew chavs!

:lol: :lol: :lol: sounds like a plan but lets get back on topic ;)

who says i went off topic! :lol: :lol: .........





























.........Now, where did i put that shotgun ???! :? <D <D <D <D :lol:
 
Joined
4 Oct 2005
Messages
207
Location
WERE EVER I WANT TO BE !
spm_43030 said:
6M60 SEATON FLASKS said:
AJP said:
6M60 SEATON FLASKS said:
spm_43030 said:
My solution:

Stand um against a wall and shoot the f*ckers :x :x :x

thats one way to solve the problem i surpose

ROFL!! Wipe out thew chavs!

:lol: :lol: :lol: sounds like a plan but lets get back on topic ;)

who says i went off topic! :lol: :lol: .........































.........Now, where did i put that shotgun ???! :? <D <D <D <D :lol:
:lol: true
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top