• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

UK Train Graffiti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
1288gaje said:
My advice is to give them 'clean paper' and draw on that...
319001 is quite a clean canvas at the moment, as are the WAGN undercoat 315s/313s...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jdjonnay

TBH the graffiti most probably won't have been done by "chavs". Chavs are mindless and stand on street corners blagging money for fags and cheap alcohol.

The graffiti in those pics, although irresponsible, has been done by people with tallent, who see it as "rebelling". Hence the website.

It's a bit unfair to label everyone who causes trouble as a "chav", and indeed my old school used to do graffiti classes as an art course! (seriously!)

I, personally, think graffiti on wagon's is pretty good, doesn't do any harm and makes a photograph more colourful, at least. As long as it isn't offensive, and is just a "tag" instead of insults to a person or group of people, I don't mind. Graffiti on passenger vehicles is obviously a bit more annoying, can't see out the windows and TOCs have to repaint them. EWS don't really bother keeping their rolling stock looking good (bar locos).

Jon

Coxster

Established Member
Graffiti looks great as long as it is in an art studio and not on trains/buses/streets etc. I seem to recall a graffitied wall featured in the Eurostar birthday celebrations...

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I was disgusted to see the vandals couldn't even leave the 350s alone, having seen one yesterday with some multitude of colours on the cab end of one of them yesterday. Whoever did it put .05. on it, so it's a few days old now, if that refers to the year.

Graffiti on trains makes them look uncared for, indeed as SET rightly noted in their recent customer newsletter (picked up on 17/12/05 from London Bridge), fear of crime in the area is increased in graffitied areas. I agree with that wholeheartedly.

Dennis

Established Member
=== I have seen him age, I have been his helper since the begining,perfected my skills under his guidance and together we have produced master piece burners that rolled through the concrete jungle to be destroyed at the hands of the overseer’s of order and conformity. Such demonstrations of hate and demonisation will ultimatly weave us into myth and legend. This is important for future generations who need a history,stories and masterpieces to strengthen their spirits in the comming darkness the beast will unleash. To all you drivers who see with your own eyes the wholecars in full colour,in your heart of hearts do you really feel that the train is so seriously damaged that it cannot work properly or that a brightly coloured train is offensive and scary? Or would you deny the underground has an active campaign to destroy all the colourful burners and only let the public think that graffiti is just tagging. Drivers, we see you when you think your all alone in OUR yards…and believe me some of you have done some nasty things when you thought no one could see. Hate on…Hate on…keep believing in the system that is sinking and zero tolerance putting us in the same category as violent criminals and mindless vandals… WAR ON TRAINS….not on people. ===

The above is an exceprt from route79.com. We (the majority) might not like it but I recognise it as a different 'culture'. It is human nature to want to leave a mark on society in one way or another and for some elements of society not to conform.

Personally, I dislike the destructiveness of such activities but unless zero tolerance is enforced and reoffending made an impossibility it will continue.

Sprog

Established Member
Dennis said:
=== I have seen him age, I have been his helper since the begining,perfected my skills under his guidance and together we have produced master piece burners that rolled through the concrete jungle to be destroyed at the hands of the overseer’s of order and conformity. Such demonstrations of hate and demonisation will ultimatly weave us into myth and legend. This is important for future generations who need a history,stories and masterpieces to strengthen their spirits in the comming darkness the beast will unleash. To all you drivers who see with your own eyes the wholecars in full colour,in your heart of hearts do you really feel that the train is so seriously damaged that it cannot work properly or that a brightly coloured train is offensive and scary? Or would you deny the underground has an active campaign to destroy all the colourful burners and only let the public think that graffiti is just tagging. Drivers, we see you when you think your all alone in OUR yards…and believe me some of you have done some nasty things when you thought no one could see. Hate on…Hate on…keep believing in the system that is sinking and zero tolerance putting us in the same category as violent criminals and mindless vandals… WAR ON TRAINS….not on people. ===

2 words come to mind:

Fu*king. physcos. :x <( <( <( <(

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Dennis said:
Personally, I dislike the destructiveness of such activities but unless zero tolerance is enforced and reoffending made an impossibility it will continue.
Zero tolerance is an absolute must for such vandals. Sadly, our present 'justice' system won't have it.

They should be locked up for the hours between dusk and dawn, and made to clean graffiti tags while they're at it. <(

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Damon, no, it was .05. on it in small lettering, on top of the colours.

yorkie, I agree 100% with you there. This must be stopped now, and the way you suggest dealing with them sounds fine by me!

Julian G

Established Member
i've noticed that the 450s have been graffitised
So have the 313s and 325s at Willesden

Guinness

Established Member
Graffiti I find is only acceptable if its drawn on your own item (e.g. Your wall, Papers, Card, Car etc.) and not somebody else's property. The weird thing is with graffiti is that the government is actually encouraging it. Yep, they're encouraging it through the educational system. I've done graffiti in Art Lessons numerous times.

IMHO I do find it interesting and quite a use of talent. However I do not like it sprayed all over Buses, Trains, Walls you name it and this country as usual has let these offenders off with pathetic fines. I 100% agree with Yorkie.

Sprog

Established Member
223856298_m.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still, STOP HITTING THAT SITE! <( <( :cry: :cry: :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.