• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

UKIP give Tommy Robinson a role

Status
Not open for further replies.

pemma

Veteran Member
It's not gone down well with Farage and surely it's going to make UKIP seem even more like the party for racists.

UKIP should "get rid" of leader Gerard Batten for appointing Tommy Robinson as an adviser, says Nigel Farage.

Hiring the ex-English Defence League leader "goes against all the things I did as [UKIP] leader", Mr Farage said.

He accused Mr Batten of "dragging us in a shameful direction" - some UKIP members have opposed allowing Mr Robinson to join the party.

Mr Batten is the fourth person to lead UKIP since Mr Farage quit in the wake of the 2016 EU referendum.

Mr Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, will advise on rape gangs and prison reform.

Mr Batten said on Thursday he "looked forward to working with him" and that he would be advising him on subjects about which "he has great knowledge".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46308160

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Puffing Devil

Established Member
He's advising on "prison reform": it's amazing how many people want to reform prisons when they've spent a bit of time inside, though they are more than happy to describe them as holiday camps until then......

That said, at least they're making the transition from covert to overt racism.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
birds of a feather flock together - UKIP seem to be moving from being the political paramilitary wing of the Tory party ( old school Thatcherite moon barkers) to full on ultra right wing nut jobbery.

He's advising on "prison reform": it's amazing how many people want to reform prisons when they've spent a bit of time inside, though they are more than happy to describe them as holiday camps until then......

Amazing! However to be fair Mr Laxley-Lennon does have a great deal of knowledge of the criminal justice system.

sprunt

Is he also going to be their adviser on mortgage regulation and passport issuance?

Ken H

On Moderation

That said, at least they're making the transition from covert to overt racism.

Racism? All Tommy has campaigned on is the rape of under children under the age of consent by Pakistani Muslims. The recent court cases, and baroness jay's Rotherham report have shown the abuse of children by a particular section of the population to be a fact.
Are you going to call Ann Cryer, an ex Labour MP a racists for raising this issue in 2004, or indeed Times newspaper journalist, Andrew Norfolk, who went through loads of local newspaper court reports and documented a pattern.
Yes I know other ethnic minorities do sex crimes,, but the over-representation of Pakistani Muslims in the criminal justice system on sex crimes is well documented.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Racism? All Tommy has campaigned on is the rape of under children under the age of consent by Pakistani Muslims. The recent court cases, and baroness jay's Rotherham report have shown the abuse of children by a particular section of the population to be a fact.
Are you going to call Ann Cryer, an ex Labour MP a racists for raising this issue in 2004, or indeed Times newspaper journalist, Andrew Norfolk, who went through loads of local newspaper court reports and documented a pattern.
Yes I know other ethnic minorities do sex crimes,, but the over-representation of Pakistani Muslims in the criminal justice system on sex crimes is well documented.
If you can't recognise 'Tommy Robinson' as a racist, then I find that deeply worrying.

And to say this is "all he has campaigned on" is just plain wrong.

What are your motives?

Teflon Lettuce

Established Member
ALL he's campaigned on? so he isn't the same Tommy Robinson that's an ex football hooligan who set up the EDL then?

pemma

Veteran Member
ALL he's campaigned on? so he isn't the same Tommy Robinson that's an ex football hooligan who set up the EDL then?

Or the same one who organised protests against new mosques opening (some of which turning violent) because in his eyes all Muslims are bad.

EM2

Established Member
Racism? All Tommy has campaigned on is the rape of under children under the age of consent by Pakistani Muslims.
And the fact that he does not campaign against these horrific crimes perpetrated by other ethnicities is one of the things that makes him a racist.

richa2002

Established Member
Said campaigning is surely due to the Police being equally racially selective when it comes to prosecutions for such crimes? What's going on with those crimes should by far be the biggest outrage here. If there is a correlation towards a particular ethnic group then that should be suitably investigated as far as it is relevant. Political correctness or fear of offense should have no bearing when establishing the truth or justice.

Last edited:

Puffing Devil

Established Member

Perhaps it was his leadership of the EDL and membership of the BNP that gave me a clue that he may be slightly racist.

Typhoon

Established Member
Under Nigel Farage, UKIP struck a chord with many voters because of their stance on the EU and in parts of the country sizeable numbers of voters turned out for them, at one time all of my councillors - city and county - were UKIP. Its easy to forget how successful they were. Since then, under a number of leaders they have struggled to find a role. If Gerard Batten seriously thinks that Stephen Yaxley-Lennon is going to provide the policies that encouraged almost a third of those who voted to cast their vote for UKIP in future elections, he is suffering from delusions. Expect them to finish between Monster Raving Loony and Bus Pass Elvis at the next election. There is enough division without his bile.

EM2

Established Member
so quote something he has said that is racist...
Shall we start with:
Every single Muslim watching this... on 7/7 you got away with killing and maiming British citizens... you had better understand that we have built a network from one end of the country to the other end... and the Islamic community will feel the full force of the English Defence League if we see any of our British citizens killed, maimed, or hurt on British soil ever again.
'The Islamic community', you'll notice. Not 'the perpetrators', but the whole Islamic community. To blame an entire community for the acts of a few, because in your view there is no difference between them, is racist.

sprunt

*writes "Islam is not a race" on a piece of paper, puts it in an envelope to inevitably reveal with a flourish later*

Ken H

On Moderation
and section 29j of the Race and Religious Hate Crime act 2006 clearly states:-
'
Protection of freedom of expression
Nothing in this Part shall be read or given effect in a way which prohibits or restricts discussion, criticism or expressions of antipathy, dislike, ridicule, insult or abuse of particular religions or the beliefs or practices of their adherents, or of any other belief system or the beliefs or practices of its adherents, or proselytising or urging adherents of a different religion or belief system to cease practising their religion or belief system.'

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/1/schedule

Edit. And UKIP have not given him any role beciase hi isnt a member and that isnt to be discussed until the new year. This is in a private capacity for Gerard Batten MEP

EM2

Established Member
and section 29j of the Race and Religious Hate Crime act 2006 clearly states:-
I don't really see how this is relevant to the quote that I posted. TR is not, in that quote, doing anything that is mentioned in that extract from the Act.
Rather, he is directly accusing an entire religion of being complicit in murder.

Ken H

On Moderation
Stop trying to excuse him as 'not a racist'. Just stop.

https://resistinghate.org/tommy-robinson-and-his-hate-tweets/ (self explanatory..am not going to paste any examples in here)

You're on a hiding to nothing and no-one is going to take you seriously.
what contravenes sec 29j above
bad taste but not illegal

I find people gang raping 13 yr old girls then dousing them in petrol and setting them alight far more distasteful. dont you?

I find the abuse of 1400 under 16 yr old childrenin Rotherham on an 'industrial scale' as documented by baroness jay more distasteful too.

And we have Naz Shah MP saying white girls should put up with it for the sake of community cohesion.

Yes, TR can be a loose cannon but who else is actually campaigning on this issue. Corbyn removed Sarah Champion from the shadow cabinet because she talked about this. (Tories no better BTW)

Puffing Devil

Established Member

I find people gang raping 13 yr old girls then dousing them in petrol and setting them alight far more distasteful. dont you?

I find the abuse of 1400 under 16 yr old childrenin Rotherham on an 'industrial scale' as documented by baroness jay more distasteful too.

And we have Naz Shah MP saying white girls should put up with it for the sake of community cohesion.

Yes, TR can be a loose cannon but who else is actually campaigning on this issue. Corbyn removed Sarah Champion from the shadow cabinet because she talked about this. (Tories no better BTW)

I think we have a clear idea of your agenda and views. And I can see why Tommy Robinson has an appeal.

There is a lot wrong with our society that needs addressing, including the eradication of racist behaviour.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Can you explain what you are saying here as it doesn't make sense to me.
I don't know what exactly you are referring to, but it sounds like you are selectively choosing to highlight incidents involving people of a particular religion and/or ethnicity, while ignoring others. Is that right, and if so what reasoning can you provide?
Wouldn't it be more sensible to campaign against all purpetrators of such crimes, rather than a selective campaign focussing on one particular community?

Can you please provide a hyperlink to the source and the quote in quote tags please, so we can verify this.
Yes, TR can be a loose cannon
Understatement!
but who else is actually campaigning on this issue.
Their 'campaigning' appears to consist of ignoring abuse committed by people of the same religion or skin colour as themselves and ranting about abuse committed by people of a religion or skin colour they dislike.

Corbyn removed Sarah Champion from the shadow cabinet because she talked about this. (Tories no better BTW)
I don't know what you are referring to, again please provide a hyperlink and quote.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
It is funny how the not racist Yaxley - Lennon did not feel the need to protest outside the trial of edl people convicted of noncing kids. Odd that.

Teflon Lettuce

Established Member

so by that reckoning... Hitler and Nazi Germany were evil, racist and rightly resisted... but the guy who says "Hitler had the right idea" is ok and not a racist.

Ken H

On Moderation
so by that reckoning... Hitler and Nazi Germany were evil, racist and rightly resisted... but the guy who says "Hitler had the right idea" is ok and not a racist.
no
Umm

is jewishness a race or a religion?
Answer that and you know if Naziism was racist or not
Semites are people from the Eastern Med including Syriand, Lebanese, and the original Jews. Semite is a race.

But to compare TR to Hitler is a bit rich. I am not aware TR has suggested herding Muslims onto railway trains, taking them to extermination camps and gassing them. He just wants the criminal ones to be brought to justice for abusing young children - White, Sikh, Black and even Muslim. And wants the Police, social services and politicians stop covering it up.

I know he is a hot head who can be a bit daft - but who else is there actively campaigning on this issue who Batten could have used instead?

I have a 2 teenage grand-daughters who i worry about. That is why I think this important.

EM2

Established Member
David Baddiel has the answer to this one:
'I am an atheist, but the Nazis would still have shot me.'
He just wants the criminal ones to be brought to justice for abusing young children - White, Sikh, Black and even Muslim. And wants the Police, social services and politicians stop covering it up.
So why is he not protesting outside the trials of those accused that are non-Muslim? In fact, if he wants justice, why is he protesting trials of men who have been arrested, charged, and are already going through the judicial process?

Teflon Lettuce

Established Member
no
Umm

Semites are people from the Eastern Med including Syriand, Lebanese, and the original Jews. Semite is a race.

But to compare TR to Hitler is a bit rich. I am not aware TR has suggested herding Muslims onto railway trains, taking them to extermination camps and gassing them. He just wants the criminal ones to be brought to justice for abusing young children - White, Sikh, Black and even Muslim. And wants the Police, social services and politicians stop covering it up.

I know he is a hot head who can be a bit daft - but who else is there actively campaigning on this issue who Batten could have used instead?

I have a 2 teenage grand-daughters who i worry about. That is why I think this important.
oh dear... in your desperation to show yourself as "enlightened" by defending Tommy Robinson you really don't do yourself any favours... is Jewish a race or religion? the law of the land is quite clear on the matter.... and if you really do have to question whether the Nazi regime was racist or not then there really isn't any point in debating anything with you..

as to comparing Tommy Robinson to Hitler.... where exactly did I do that? I didn't... you wilfully misinterpreted what I said... who I did liken him to was any idiot that says "Hitler had the right idea"

muz379

Established Member
Under Nigel Farage, UKIP struck a chord with many voters because of their stance on the EU and in parts of the country sizeable numbers of voters turned out for them, at one time all of my councillors - city and county - were UKIP. Its easy to forget how successful they were. Since then, under a number of leaders they have struggled to find a role. If Gerard Batten seriously thinks that Stephen Yaxley-Lennon is going to provide the policies that encouraged almost a third of those who voted to cast their vote for UKIP in future elections, he is suffering from delusions. Expect them to finish between Monster Raving Loony and Bus Pass Elvis at the next election. There is enough division without his bile.

In my view Farage made UKIP into a successful populist protest party which was also a bit of a personality cult with people liking his branding of himself as just an "honest ordinary guy" .Pople would vote for them in elections they felt meaningless like elections for MEP's and local elections . But the party even at the height of its success never managed to get a relative number of MP's .

Of course now the party has financial issues and has closed many local offices . Its questionable if it has the network to enable it to be able to field candidates in all constituencies at the next election .

He is not campaigning though , the actual definition of campaign is to "work in an organized and active way towards a goal".As you have already alluded to , Stephen Yaxley Lennon is a lose cannon who does as he pleases and is in no way organised in his statements or conduct . I would also argue that what he was doing inside and outside the court on the two latest occasions that have gained wide publicity have been counterproductive and are not working towards any beneficial goal for society .

Had Yaxley Lennon (notwithstanding past conduct) come out and instead of risking the collapse of trials actually tried to support charities working with the victims of the exploitation that has occurred I would have some sympathy with the argument that he is campaigning in the interests of these victims . But when he engages in a course of action that could have led to the collapse of a series of linked trials (as was also almost the case in Rochdale because of the acts of a far right muppet ) I have no sympathy with his assertion that he is interested in the victims of these crimes .If the trials in Leeds had collapsed then at best the victims could have had to go through the ordeal of giving evidence again and had to endure the mental anguish of an even more protracted trial process . The worst case scenario could have been the victims seeing their abusers walk free . As others have said , turning up outside the court and risking the trial of men that have already been detected , investigated and are in the process of being prosecuted is not exposing these abuse gangs .

Stephen Yaxley Lennon has always said disparaging things about Muslims , whilst you do protest that this is his legal right to do so it is worth pointing out that little he has had to say about Muslims has actually been constructive and at times he has sailed dangerously close to inciting violence . He is now hijacking the tragic cases of people abused by groups of men who in the cases he focusses on also mostly happen to be Muslims to try and further his portrayal of the Muslim population of the UK as bad . Simple logic disproves his portrayal of British Muslims as such . Surely logic dictates we would be seeing many more cases of terrorism and child sexual exploitation if all of the 2.8million Muslims in the UK had the same tendencies . Correlation does not always equal causation .

You say name one instance of something said by "Tommy" which is racist . I raise you the task of naming one person involved in sexual exploitation actually exposed by him ? Name me one victim actually supported by him directly ?

The sad thing is , whilst Yaxley Lennon is living it up in his mansion with his flash cars , many of his supporters on the breadline are being duped into contributing towards his lifestyle .And even worse as you have already alluded to by mentioning your own family he is spreading unnecessary fear to dry and drive people into an emotive response and further fund his lifestyle.

Last edited:

Typhoon

Established Member
In my view Farage made UKIP into a successful populist protest party which was also a bit of a personality cult with people liking his branding of himself as just an "honest ordinary guy" .People would vote for them in elections they felt meaningless like elections for MEP's and local elections . But the party even at the height of its success never managed to get a relative number of MP's .
But isn't that true of all third parties - SDP and Lib Dems, for instance? UKIP suffered probably more than most because they weren't able to build up momentum (and because Nigel Farage did not win Thanet South). If Cameron had won the referendum, it might have been a different story. Some of the councillors were actually pretty good - got things done. True about 'honest Nige', who was followed by a series of nobodies who involved themselves in the sort of infighting that would make Conservative and Labour jealous.

Its questionable if it has the network to enable it to be able to field candidates in all constituencies at the next election.
As things stand, I reckon fewer than Green; probably too few for a Party Political Broadcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.