• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

UKtrainsim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

me123

Established Member
Quick question about it for premium members: is it worth premium membership? Are the routes available good etc. ?

I have just bought a copy of MSTS, and want to expand my routes (a lot of the premade ones bore me to tears). At the same time, I don't awnt to waste money on horrendously poor routes.

nutter

Premium Membership is VERY worth while, especially if you get it with a community CD (I recommend Dorset Coast and Thames Mersey (Latter is DVD)) and the other stuff you can get for the routes are great too. If you get these routes, you will CERTANLY not be wasting money, they both come with OVER 100 activities, there are quite a few other good routes, but I don't have them yet

Personally, I wouldn't buy premium membership on it's own, You might as well get a fantastic route to go with it. The community routes are £4.50 with a months premium membership.

HTH

me123

Established Member
OK, went premium, and it's fantastic. Didn't get a CD, just a one-year for £20 membership.

Just downloaded Glasgow-Carlisle and I love seeing routes I've actually travelled on.

Daniel

Established Member
I've been on UKTS for around 3 years IIRC and have found it excellent.

Meld

OK, went premium, and it's fantastic. Didn't get a CD, just a one-year for £20 membership.

Just downloaded Glasgow-Carlisle and I love seeing routes I've actually travelled on.

Thats what i did a couple of years ago and am still subscribed till Aug 2008, just by purchasing commuunity CDs and my commercial add ons ;)

Strongly recommend the Thames Mesrey DVD 150 acts to play with

petethetim

Thats what i did a couple of years ago and am still subscribed till Aug 2008, just by purchasing community Cd's and my commercial add ons ;)

Strongly recommend the Thames Mersey DVD 150 acts to play with

What do you think of Glasgow Carlisle ? Its very close to real thing if it just had a bit more scenery & as for Thames Mersey it is a work of Art as is Dave's other route Dorset coast.

But the activities are nothing special on the whole ( I have tried 23 so far & all bar two had errors & the they are quite boring 1 freight act I was driving for 56 Mins before I passed my first AI train ) TBH I am still not convinced that any route need 100 plus Acts to start it off ,I'd much rather prefer 24-30 High quality taxing acts ,

I would love to write for Thames Mersey but do not know enough of the route to do a good precise activity , but it is a fantastic piece of work & enjoyable even in Explore mode .

me123

Established Member
What do you think of Glasgow Carlisle ?

Glasgow Carlisle is fantastic!!! I haven't dowloaded an activity yet, I've just been mucking around the SPT area enjoying the lines I know very well. Very close to the real thing indeed.

Also got the fantastic Briscard route and the very detailed, but with no scenery as of yet, Glasgow North Electric route. I'm looking into making some activities for these and perhaps publish them, once I get my head round the legall stuff.

petethetim

Glasgow Carlisle is fantastic!!! I haven't downloaded an activity yet, I've just been mucking around the SPT area enjoying the lines I know very well. Very close to the real thing indeed.

Also got the fantastic Briscard route and the very detailed, but with no scenery as of yet, Glasgow North Electric route. I'm looking into making some activities for these and perhaps publish them, once I get my head round the legal stuff.

Hi Me123
I have to agree Glasgow Carlisle is among my top 5 freeware routes & would be in my over all top ten as Someone who spent every summer in Scotland's central belt from 1969 - 1976 I think it is very true to life & I am told that the fast approaching v3 will broaden the picture even further with lines extended to the Clyde coast.

I have published 4 acts for GC on train-sim.com see links for screenies

SRPS Duchess of Hamilton Rail_Tour

1979 Euston bound Express

VT Early Morning service to Glasgow Central

N R Ballast Duties

For up to date news about G C v.3 visit David Carmont's own site

I too think Bristol to Cardiff is Fantastic I am currently working on a couple of acts for it using the warship & western packs along with the 101 DMU's from Cambrian Coast Route ( one to consider for a future purchase either in current form or when v2 eventually comes )

Another one worth downloading is my all time favourite freeware route "Highland Mainline" ,a 120 mile run from Perth to Inverness With the branch @ Aviemore to Boat of Garten & the steam centre sheds is also included.
It's very life like full scenery & car spawner used to the full given the amount of traffic on the adjoining roads & flyovers.

One Final Point Kerr McIntosh's Scottish Central Stage 1 on UKTS Community CD is another must have As the two finest Railway Bridges (the Forth & the Tay) in the world are represented with in it & the CD comes packed with a massive amount of Scottish stock dating from the Early 70's till the turn of the century .

Status
Not open for further replies.