• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ultimate NLL Quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprinter

By NLL I mean both the Mainline and GOBLIN

1. On what date was Silvertown station opened?
2. Before the 28th September 2003, the last train from Barking was at what time?
3. Which signal centre controls the signals at Caledonian Road & Barnsbury? Dalston West
4. Overhead wires can be observed on the NLL GOBLIN at two points along the line, between Woodgrange Park and Barking and at what other station? South Tottenham
5. What was the name of the station that was demolished to make way for the A12 East Cross Route?
6. Opened as Green Lanes on 1st June 1880, this name was only to last three years before the station was renamed to be then known as.....?
7. The 0829 ex Stratford terminates at which station?
8. What is platform 7 at Highbury & Islington used for?
9. There are only two level crossing on the NLL system, one is on Churchfields Road just north of Acton Central Station, what road crosses the second? Bollo Lane
0. Finally, which station is this? http://gallery22709.fotopic.net/p7602345.html Walthamstow Queens Road

Enjoy.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
0 EASY i wont say it though cos i know it and martin deffinatly knows i know it!

4. would that be...Barking and...**** what is it....Woodgrange?

7.0822 ex stratford, at a guess its to.....Willsden, that IS a guess!

Sprinter

4. Incorrect- that is the OHLE featured in the question itself, there is another section of OHLE along GOBLIN tracks.

7. Incorrect- This train doesn't terminate at Willesden Junction

Sprinter

4. Correct- At South Tottenham there is OHLE to allow "one" trains to go between the Tottenham Hale and Seven Sisters branches, regulary used by the Stratford-Cheshunt trains.

7. Incorrect- This train used to terminate at Camden Road prior to the June timetable change, but obviously doesn't terminate here anymore!

0. Correct- Walthamstow Queens Road (when 150101 was hired by SL because of a shortage of thier own Sprinters)

Tomnick

Established Member
3. Dalston Western Jn. SB

Though I'd say 'signal centre' was a slightly over-optimistic description ;) .

Sprinter

6. INCORRECT- Harringay Green Lanes is the station's present name, the name of this station has been changed FIVE times between opening and the station adopting its present name! I am looking for the second of these five names which the station recieved over its lifetime.

3. Correct- Dalston West signalbox does indeed control the signals at Caledonian Road & Barnsbury.

Status
Not open for further replies.