• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ultimate Place To Stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
I know Seaburn is hardly a thriving area but I did find this there...

PullmanLodgeHotel.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Craig

Established Member
I've been past there many a time. You might need to explain where Seaburn is for some of the southerners though ;)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Seaburn, Seaburn...Nope, I'm thinking of Saltburn here...

*Grabs rail atlas*

Seaburn, Seaburn...Ahh, 76, C2...

AHH! That's where it is! Near Sunderland, with the Tyne and Wear Metro by it!

As for the concept, I would enjoy a stay there! How good is it, and are there any pictures of the inside? More so, how on God's green Earth would I book a stay there?

Tom B

Established Member
I think there's something like this near York as well with some old Mk1s.

Coxster

Established Member
Dawlish Warren has camping coaches too. Not sure if you stay in the coaches or the building behind at this place.

WSXFan: Seaburn is served only by the mainline.

theblackwatch

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
I think there's something like this near York as well with some old Mk1s.

You're thinking of 'The Sidings' which is by the ECML about 6 miles north of York. It is made up of 5 Mk. 1 coaches, some of which are the hotel 'bedrooms' and 2 make up the restaurant. I've not stayed there, but have been for Sunday dinner with the family on a few occasions and it was pretty good. Unfortunately, their website http://www.sidingshotelyork.co.uk/ seems to be blank at the moment.

Craig

Established Member
WSXFan said:
As for the concept, I would enjoy a stay there! How good is it, and are there any pictures of the inside? More so, how on God's green Earth would I book a stay there?
I've never been but AFAIK it's just a restaurant.

Coxster said:
WSXFan: Seaburn is served only by the mainline.
Metro actually, mainline trains just pass through.

Oh yeah, and Seaburn station is actually in Fulwell :roll: :lol:

Coxster

Established Member
Craig said:
Oh yes, I was thinking of Seaham :p

Demps

theblackwatch said:
You're thinking of 'The Sidings' which is by the ECML about 6 miles north of York. It is made up of 5 Mk. 1 coaches, some of which are the hotel 'bedrooms' and 2 make up the restaurant. I've not stayed there, but have been for Sunday dinner with the family on a few occasions and it was pretty good. Unfortunately, their website http://www.sidingshotelyork.co.uk/ seems to be blank at the moment.

i used to always go past their years ago now, but it does looka real nice place, oh and with it situated next to the ECML its way better than that first pic on this post.

Coxster

Established Member
Craig said:

Craig said:
I've never been but AFAIK it's just a restaurant.

Here's a quote from a website. From what I could make out the hotel is a building behind the coaches. The coaches are for eating in.

Pullman Lodge Hotel
A treat for railway enthusiasts, this modern hotel is built in unique railway style. Situated directly opposite Seaburn Beach, the hotel has 16 ensuite bedrooms, a bar and restaurant which overlooks the seafront. Single room with breakfast 49.50, double room with breakfast 55.00 GBP.

Craig

Established Member
Coxster said:
Mainline trains used to stop at Seaburn before the Metro extension opened.

Coxster said:
Here's a quote from a website. From what I could make out the hotel is a building behind the coaches. The coaches are for eating in.
Shows how much I know then :p

Status
Not open for further replies.