• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unable to book advance seat from London to Fort William?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainline421

Been trying to book an advance from London Euston to Fort William in seated accomodation on the Caledonian Sleeper, but it appears that ticket offices are unable to issue this ticket. Tried at 3 stations this week (since I would otherwise have just been waiting for trains anyway). 1st said I needed to change twice and board at Crewe even after suggesting they filter to through trains, 2nd seemed aware of the problem and offered an off peak single, 3rd was helpful and offerd a berth for £90 or an advance on the Lowlander and split at Glasgow for £50.

Depsite comments on here all seemed familiar with Sleeper tickets and were helpful. This seems to be a computer issue, which I'm guessing is caused by the change of carriage in Edinburgh but I thought this would no longer be the case after the MK5s are introduced. It appears no where is able to retail this ticket except sleeper.scot or their call centre presumably, (Even NRE offers no fares and Trainsplit a combination for more than double the price) surely that can't be within their franchise agreement?

Is there a workaround for this? I was hoping to pay with an RTV and some cash. It appears no one is booked in seats on that train at all at the moment!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mikeg

Established Member
Sorry its probably some other reason but what date are you trying to book for and have you tried other dates? It could be that advances have sold out already or that it's expected to be busy that night so no quota has been released?

Mainline421

Sorry its probably some other reason but what date are you trying to book for and have you tried other dates? It could be that advances have sold out already or that it's expected to be busy that night so no quota has been released?
Midweek in November, I can see advances for this date on sleeper.scot (but nowhere else) and every seat is selectable on the 'Choose your seat' page, I've tried other dates and the same thing with cheap advances, most seats available. WebTIS and NRE show seats to Aberdeen but nowhere except CS's own site appears to be able reserve seats to Fort William for any date. Particularly inconvenient if you want to pay by cash or RTV like I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.