• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unable to collect tickets from TVM with my Bank card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argyle 1980

Can you provide the links, please?
If you try and book a ticket from Aylesham on Arriva XC or GWR app or site (I'm sure there not the only ones) then then it will say tickets can't be collected from Aylesham and an alternative needs to be chosen.
The TVM at Aylesham definitely has an option to collect tickets on the screen as I've tried to do it, only to be told on screen. "booking not found"
Although SE (Twitter) are adamant tickets CAN be collected at ALL of it's stations, the rhetoric I got from a revenue officer at Folkestone Central gateline once suggested it's a common problem.
The bottom image is the message on XC app. The GWR app doesn't list Aylesham when you try and type Aylesham in as a collection station.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210425-215408_Train Tickets.jpg
    Screenshot_20210425-215408_Train Tickets.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 25
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
If you try and book a ticket from Aylesham on Arriva XC or GWR app or site (I'm sure there not the only ones) then then it will say tickets can't be collected from Aylesham and an alternative needs to be chosen.
The TVM at Aylesham definitely has an option to collect tickets on the screen as I've tried to do it, only to be told on screen. "booking not found"
Although SE (Twitter) are adamant tickets CAN be collected at ALL of it's stations, the rhetoric I got from a revenue officer at Folkestone Central gateline once suggested it's a common problem.
The bottom image is the message on XC app. The GWR app doesn't list Aylesham when you try and type Aylesham in as a collection station.
Tickets can be collected from the TVM at Aylesham. All that has happened here is that GWR and XC have failed to update their list with newly-added stations from which ToD is available. Whilst an up to date list can be obtained from a simple RDG file, not all websites / apps dynamically update the list of available stations to collect from, leading to this issue. Plenty of other Southeastern stations (such as Paddock Wood, Folkestone Central, Strood) are on the GWR website as available for collection.

Wallsendmag

Established Member
Tickets can be collected from the TVM at Aylesham. All that has happened here is that GWR and XC have failed to update their list with newly-added stations from which ToD is available. Whilst an up to date list can be obtained from a simple RDG file, not all websites / apps dynamically update the list of available stations to collect from, leading to this issue. Plenty of other Southeastern stations (such as Paddock Wood, Folkestone Central, Strood) are on the GWR website as available for collection.
I had to check, but indeed some do have updated info.

Argyle 1980

Just don't think it's a coincidence that on both occasions I've tried to collect at Aylesham when purchased off GWR, I've encountered problems, but had no such problems collecting the same bookings from Dover Priory TVM or the from the gateline at St Pancras. I know both Folkestone stations have full size TVMs. Personally I think Folkestone West desperately needs a second TVM on the down platforms as the one on the up is inaccessible to anyone disabled without them taking the lengthy route round under the road bridge and back. It's also another example of where e tickets would solve an issue like this.

BluePenguin

On Moderation
I used to have this problem with my Co-op debit card. No ticket machines would ever accept it to buy or collect tickets. The error would usually say “card not valid”.

As their card would not co-operate, I moved to a new bank :lol:

alistairlees

Established Member
Just don't think it's a coincidence that on both occasions I've tried to collect at Aylesham when purchased off GWR, I've encountered problems, but had no such problems collecting the same bookings from Dover Priory TVM or the from the gateline at St Pancras. I know both Folkestone stations have full size TVMs. Personally I think Folkestone West desperately needs a second TVM on the down platforms as the one on the up is inaccessible to anyone disabled without them taking the lengthy route round under the road bridge and back. It's also another example of where e tickets would solve an issue like this.
There might be a problem with the TVM at Aylesham (or its connectivity to the LSM database where ToD records are stored), but this has nothing to do with where you bought your ticket from. The GWR website has many locations for ToD collection missing. Folkestone West, mentioned in your post, is one of those.

IslandDweller

Happened to me last week. Collecting a ticket for a journey on Greater Anglia purchased through the Scotrail site (just because I could remember my log on details with them). Paid using an Amex card that I have successfully used to buy tickets at Scotrail TVMs a couple of weeks ago.
Got the error message at the TVM at Liverpool Street - the ticket office at the station was able to issue the ticket for me.

route101

Established Member
Managed to collect tickets today at Glasgow Central from a Scotrail TVM.

Status
Not open for further replies.