• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unable to purchase a ticket Haymarket - Linlithgow on Sunday morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Failed Unit

Established Member
reb0118 that is too sensiable - have an hourly bus service from Linlithgow connecting with the trains for BoNess, Grangemouth etc. The idea will never take off! I mean no-one in London would take the bus to thier nearest tube station and change transport.

I understand that in the 1980s this is how transport in Tyne & Wear worked, hub and spoke from the Metro but de-regulation result in the buses continuing to Newcastle.

I wonder how many people from say Laurieston would take the bus all the way to Edinburgh or would they change a Linlithgow? I suspect if they have a car they will just drive to Polmont as even with plus bus it is hardly intergrated transport at the moment.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
reb0118 that is too sensiable - have an hourly bus service from Linlithgow connecting with the trains for BoNess, Grangemouth etc. The idea will never take off! I mean no-one in London would take the bus to thier nearest tube station and change transport.

I understand that in the 1980s this is how transport in Tyne & Wear worked, hub and spoke from the Metro but de-regulation result in the buses continuing to Newcastle.

I wonder how many people from say Laurieston would take the bus all the way to Edinburgh or would they change a Linlithgow? I suspect if they have a car they will just drive to Polmont as even with plus bus it is hardly intergrated transport at the moment.

Sorry I'm not long back from Germany. I'm sure the experience will wear off soon! :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.