• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unable to Redeem Nectar Points for LNER Vouchers

Status
Not open for further replies.

westv

Established Member
Anybody else had problems redeeming Nectar points for LNER vouchers?
I've tried two different laptops and three different browsers but every time I try to enter the verification code on the Nectar website I get a box with "system error" pop up.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wallsendmag

Established Member
Anybody else had problems redeeming Nectar points for LNER vouchers?
I've tried two different laptops and three different browsers but every time I try to enter the verification code on the Nectar website I get a box with "system error" pop up.
Yes , have you contacted Nectar?

westv

Established Member
Not yet. When I posted they were closed.
In the meantime I did Google the issue and there was a post from someone with the same issue. They asked Nectar but got it resolved by LNER. Annoyingly they didn't say how it was resolved.

Edit: and the "yes" does that mean you do know about the error??

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
No point in redeeming nectar points with LNER unless there’s a double up offer.

westv

Established Member
I tweeted the person who had the problem. All they suggested was to call LNER. Strangely LNER also responded even though my tweet was only to the person with the problem.

BlueFox

Strangely LNER also responded even though my tweet was only to the person with the problem.

Not strange at all. A lot of companies will get alerts if their name is mentioned in a tweet. Some will have a bot automatically reply asking if you need help, some will be read by humans and replied to if necessary.

westv

Established Member
When I last looked it still wasn't working.
Looks like I'm in the same situation as when LNER decided to withdraw Print@Home for a bit - do I wait and risk the price going up or do I do without.
Waiting cost me extra with the printed tickets (thanks LNER).
Problem is I have £37 worth of points I wanted to use and, as of now, there's nothing else I want to use them for.

trebor79

Established Member
Why not call LNER as the other person who had the problem advised? No waiting involved (other than a bit of hold muzak).

westv

Established Member
20/12 17:18 London to Hull.
On 28/10 it was £30 standard class. Today it's £82. :rolleyes:. Why did I bother waiting to use my points?

westv

Established Member
Once again, this error is occurring when trying to redeem Nectar points. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.