• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unbelievable itineraries involving Replacement Buses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Been browsing through upcoming engineering works and managed to get NRE to give a ludicrous circular route using a simple cheap day single (around £2).

Without giving too much away, the origin is on a line where services are running, but terminating there and heading south again. The destination is the next station northbound.

I have an itinerary to go Station A-Station C (MUCH further south)-Station B. (C-B is by replacement bus, as is A-B direct).

The journey by train normally is around 10 minutes, the itinerary I have is for a 8 hour journey. To use it would definately be taking the P, but would the TOC have to honour it?

I am happy to reveal more detail via PM if necessary.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
Been browsing through upcoming engineering works and managed to get NRE to give a ludicrous circular route using a simple cheap day single (around £2).

Without giving too much away, the origin is on a line where services are running, but terminating there and heading south again. The destination is the next station northbound.

I have an itinerary to go Station A-Station C (MUCH further south)-Station B. (C-B is by replacement bus, as is A-B direct).

The journey by train normally is around 10 minutes, the itinerary I have is for a 8 hour journey. To use it would definately be taking the P, but would the TOC have to honour it?

I am happy to reveal more detail via PM if necessary.

As pointed out previously on here, NRE seems to get incredibly confused when replacements buses are involved for any leg of a journey. Once a bus is involved it seems to throw any route checking out of the window and offer all sorts of technically invalid tickets. I am sure you could get it to give any itinerary you wanted when buses are involved for even just 1 leg.

As to whether it is valid then I suppose technically if you have been given an itinerary then it is, but if it was quite obviously completely unreasonable and taking the p and in all other circumstances wouldn't be valid, then it gets a bit tricky I suppose.

greatkingrat

Established Member
NRE are telling me Wanstead Park - Forest Gate - Liverpool Street - Euston - Birmingham New Street - Leicester - St Pancras - Walthamstow Central - Woodgrange Park can be done for £13.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.