• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unbelieveable

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/63633.html

Compensation culture gone totally bonkers. Would the court have been happier if the people in charge of SNCF had been shot instead? Should everyone who was treated badly during war times be compensated? (and if so surely Germany should pay?!)

Utterly ridiculous.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

H

HR2

Doesn't make sense in a way as most of the poor wretches at Drancy are dead in the gas chambers or have since died in freedom. So the compensation does not go to them. There should be a rule that only people who actually suffered the persecution get the money. This 'years late' method is only others cashing in

theblackwatch

Established Member
Yes, this is ridiculous. I thought it was just our country which is barking mad when it comes to compenation payouts.

ikar

Think they'd need to transport them in first class carriadges...

But that was a German dictature, if you don't give 'em a freight wagon, shot in the head.

Nick W

Established Member
HMM should I sue ONE railways for false adveritising. "connection" but Flexi-train not held 7 mins...

I didn't feel like cycling but had to cycle Ipswich - Felixstowe anyway. Could have got 1623 from Colc instead of late 1650 and got home nearly an hour early.

Stupid Class 90.

Status
Not open for further replies.