• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Under consideration

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRain87

Evening all

Just called Network Rail to find out the recruitment procedure. Once your application is submitted, if your answers go past the required benchmark, your application is 'under consideration' - but I was just informed that they look through all internally applicants first, before looking at mine! Do they not advertise the job internally first, then if that don't receive interest they then advertise externally? As you can tell, I'm rather impatient, and I know this is a long process lol

Cheers for any help

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RBSN

Evening all

Just called National Rail to find out the recruitment procedure. Once your application is submitted, if your answers go past the required benchmark, your application is 'under consideration' - but I was just informed that they look through all internally applicants first, before looking at mine! Do they not advertise the job internally first, then if that don't receive interest they then advertise externally? As you can tell, I'm rather impatient, and I know this is a long process lol

Cheers for any help

Hold on to your hat buddy. It can take months to land a job. I was told that they do indeed recruit internally first, however, at the moment Northern are needing a lot of people. So I'd guess they will recruit from both 'pools'.

TomBoyd

Unless you're going to work for ATOC, you're not going to work for National Rail. And this is important to get right if you go through to interview. You need to know the company you're applying to, and you need to know about the job you're applying for.

Status
Not open for further replies.