• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Understanding Easments/ Inter available route for Current ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimJamJay

Hi Guys/Gals

Please bear with me, im not 100% with the National Rail lingo. But here goes anyway..

I travel from Peterborough to London Kings Cross and I actually work in Moorgate. I have a Annual Gold card which is to "London Terminals".

Last Years ticket (bought at the Virgin Desk at Peterborough Station) which expired in January 2017 allowed me to travel from London Kings Cross to Moorgate via the Underground.

This as I understood it was part of the Inter-available/Easement associated with the journey. It was 100% reliable.

Ive bought a new ticket this year, via Thameslink (online). The route is the same as the old ticket, Any Permitted and to London Terminals.

However THIS new ticket will not allow me on the tube.

So
A) have I just been lucky for last year...
or
B) the rules changed
or Perhaps
C) my ticket doesn't work as expected?

If its C) do I go and ask for a new ticket? if so can i go anywhere for this? and whats the likelihood they will know what im on about...

Can someone explain this to me? I've read the link in regards to 7.3 London Underground & DLR.

http://www.railforums.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1315636

And specifically 7.3.3 National Rail tickets valid on Underground/DLR

But I'm lost.. Can someone please help??

Many Thanks
J

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

higthomas

It is valid to Moorgate via the tube. Nothing's changed. Your ticket/the barriers are faulty, if you show it to the person on the gate they should let you through.

paul1609

Established Member
I thought that to get to Moorgate that you had to change at Finsbury Park and that NR tickets to London terminals were only valid for 2 years after withdrawal of the Thameslink trains on the tube to Moorgate via Kings Cross and Barbican?

Deerfold

Veteran Member
I thought that to get to Moorgate that you had to change at Finsbury Park and that NR tickets to London terminals were only valid for 2 years after withdrawal of the Thameslink trains on the tube to Moorgate via Kings Cross and Barbican?

That was for Thameslink trains into St Pancras (and previously beyond to Moorgate), not trains into Kings Cross which have this long standing (but poorly documented) agreement.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
It's totally valid and in my experience the tickets will normally operate the barriers at Kings Cross St Pancras.

The inter-availability dates back to 1976 when direct services to Moorgate using the Hotel Curve were withdrawn. Some poorly trained staff deny knowledge of it but it is 100% absolutely valid.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It definitely is valid on the tube (or sub-surface Metropolitan railway ;)) between King's Cross and Moorgate.

You do not have to change at Finsbury Park.

paul1609

Established Member
It definitely is valid on the tube (or sub-surface Metropolitan railway ;)) between King's Cross and Moorgate.

You do not have to change at Finsbury Park.

I stand corrected, will it apply to services diverted to St Pancras when the Great northern services are handed over to Thameslink?

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I stand corrected, will it apply to services diverted to St Pancras when the Great northern services are handed over to Thameslink?

I don't see why not as the services going to Thameslink won't go to Moorgate.

The full inter-availability covers the routes between Finsbury Park, Kings Cross and Moorgate. There was a thought that when trains started serving Moorgate in the evenings and weekends that it would be withdrawn but it is needed more than ever. Someone wishing to get from, say, Hertford North to Kings Cross at at the weekend used to be able to get a direct train but now they would change at Highbury & Islington for the Victoria Line to Kings Cross St Pancras.

Status
Not open for further replies.