• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

unfriendly stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If you live within cycling/walking distance of Reading West, get on a train there and you don't have to get through the barrier at Reading. If not, get a return to Reading West and just don't use the ticket. For only 80p it's not worth the hassle of arguing with them.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

adamp

They take the p*ss these lot, BTP get all worked up thinking you could be a terrorist or something so when you do go and ask for a pass you dont get one!
Really gets me angry because im also a teenager, 6ft 3 and certainly dont look my age. Staff wether its on the platform or on trains are always turning their noses up, and having to show my under 16 ID EVERYTIME ticket checks take place or I pass through barriers, even then they think its fake.
Sorry to rant but I really get angry on this subject. NR/BTP need to sort something out. :|

Personally I have no problems with spotters/enthusiasts on the station, providing they don't start trespassing, I've had many an argument with people who go well beyond signage/lines etc. where they shouldn't be " i didn't see the sign and why is the platform so long if you can't go there" its bright f**kin red lol

Also, can i just mention I was at Doncaster last week, taking some photo's etc.. a HST arrives so i go right to the end of the platform and crouch down to get a good photo, with my foot on the white line, a bitchy female platform staff came over and went mental for "being over the line"!!!!
Totally unneccessary

Leeds is a pleasent station, possibly because there is a camera overlooking everywhere so your on CCTV, and I think they start to recognise you when you reappear each time. Ive been photting there for a year now, not once have I had any problems, Yet!

-Adam

Last edited:

markusgl1

Bristol Temple Meads issued me a visitor pass once to photograph (after making me read the H&S information) which seemed perfectly fair.

the guys at BTM are great the only time they say anything is to check you know not to use the flash,

On another note southampton central no longer issue platfrom tickets, only people with valid travel permits allowed on platform, to get around this go to millbrook station and but a £1.90 return

martyn29

the guys at BTM are great the only time they say anything is to check you know not to use the flash,

On another note southampton central no longer issue platfrom tickets, only people with valid travel permits allowed on platform, to get around this go to millbrook station and but a £1.90 return
or show them ya staff id:) hello mate didnt know u posted on here:lol:

Robert57303

Ive always had problems when ive been to spot at Manchester Pic, i went to the vistors office, and asked for the station manager to get permission to take pictures, even thou i had a priv ticket and it was filled out. But ive never had problems crewe they've just asked that i dont take pictures of staff or passenger, which is fair play. :)

Boxcars

Stevenage station was mentioned on page 1. I went to Stevenage, from Cambridge, during the last week of December with my brother. We had been on the platform for no more than ten minutes and I had taken four photos with my mobile phone (no flash). To our astonishment there was an announcement over the station PA, obviously directed at us, saying that photography was forbidden anywhere on the station and that if we continued we would be asked to leave. I'm 54 years of age now and have never been made to feel like a criminal on a railway station before. It was so embarrassing. It's totally ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.